Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Vests in May

(38 Posts)
Lilypops Mon 24-May-21 08:52:11

Anyone still wearing their vests. !, I am well it’s more a camisole really but I cant do with a cold back, wearing nothing under a top. I think I will have to have it surgically removed before June begins ,

mokryna Tue 25-May-21 19:45:41

Vest, polo neck jumper, cardigan and a twenty year old fleece. The wind is blowing, rain sheets down every so often and I can’t remember the sun ..

sodapop Tue 25-May-21 09:23:21

Polo shirt and sandals here same as I have worn through this quite mild winter.
Still raining here as it has been for days, love the pic MawBe

Marmight Tue 25-May-21 09:16:20

EV. Did your school knickers have a pocket for your hanky? ?
My liberty bodice didn’t have buttons. It went on like a vest, only shorter ending at the waist, and was ‘woolly/fuzzy’ on the inside

BlueBelle Tue 25-May-21 08:37:24

I don’t wear vests but I have got a thermal t short underneath my jumper

MawBe Tue 25-May-21 08:20:46

I saw this recently.

M0nica Tue 25-May-21 06:52:57

On Saturday it poured with rain most of the day, I managed a short walk in the morning, during what proved to be the longest dry patch of the day. It was also blowing a howling gale.

I did, briefly, consider, getting into my shorts and bikini top, to take the house compost bucket up to the compost heap, but in the end, donned my wellies and a waterproof to do so.

Lin52 Mon 24-May-21 12:36:51

Still wrapping up as if in the middle of Winter, although 13 deg, the old North Wind doth blow.

Esspee Mon 24-May-21 12:36:47

On Saturday we were on Loch Lomond and once anchored in a south facing bay out of the breeze it was shorts and bikini top weather.
I’m Scottish. Perhaps we’re hardier. ?

EllanVannin Mon 24-May-21 12:27:14

Oh yes, the liberty bodice Marmight with the sticky rubber buttons where one or two would be squashed through the mangle grin Fuzzy-lined knickers too in navy for school.

Dinahmo Mon 24-May-21 12:22:55

T-shirt, blouse/shirt (thick linen where possible) and cardigan. And the wood burner is lit.

Susie42 Mon 24-May-21 12:20:58

Yes, still wearing an extra layer and I can't believe I'm still wearing boots in May as I'm usually in sandals by now.

Redhead56 Mon 24-May-21 11:19:48

Such a funny thread my family laugh at me with the layers. I look like a bag lady and I wear fleecy socks in bed.

Baggs Mon 24-May-21 11:16:29

I'm currently wearing four layers on my torso and two pairs of socks. This is standard for me from October (sometimes even September) until at least the end of May. I needed gloves this morning driving to work.

May, i.e. hawthorn blossom, is not out near us yet so no 'clouts' are being cast yet a while!

Witzend Mon 24-May-21 11:15:17

Just the other day I went for my usual walk with my padded coat on again. I did wonder whether I’d be too hot, but no, not in that very chilly wind.

Still wearing camisoles under tops, and unless it’s a polo, a scarf around my neck.

Barmeyoldbat Mon 24-May-21 11:10:29

Yes I am still wearing mine and the heating is still going on, also still using a hot water bottle at times for a top up heat.

Shrub Mon 24-May-21 11:07:30

I wear a camisole or vest most of the year! I need something extra round my middle. I have been known to remove it occasionally in July!

Blossoming Mon 24-May-21 10:41:40

No, I’m Northern grin.

Marmight Mon 24-May-21 10:33:48

Ooh yes. The dreaded liberty bodice over the cherub vest!

glammanana Mon 24-May-21 10:29:58

I'm still wearing a light t-shirt as a vest as I'm still feeling the chill I have loads of short sleeved t-shirts that I wear daily.

When I was small my mum had us wearing liberty vests with buttons down the front during cold weather we never took them off until May was over and we sprang into June.

M0nica Mon 24-May-21 10:27:41

My long sleeved thermal vests are still worn most days, that or I have my extra layer thick knitted jacket on. I am currently wearng a light long-sleeved wool sweater under a bigger more bulkier one.

Then there are the thermal socks and sometimes, still, the fingerless gloves because my Reynauds syndrome, usually a winter phenomenon, is still giving me jip

Grannycool52 Mon 24-May-21 10:17:16

Yep, blooming freezing & still wearing lots of layers!

eazybee Mon 24-May-21 10:12:11

Yes.
Mummy would be pleased.

dogsmother Mon 24-May-21 09:59:23

Yes and I’m so South.

Urmstongran Mon 24-May-21 09:58:11

Another daily vest wearer here! Can’t believe how wet & cold our UK weather is for late May. Hopefully one more week then ...
☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
Can’t wait.

Redhead56 Mon 24-May-21 09:55:27

Thick long sleeved thermal vests and thick black tights everyday. Put my thick woolly jumpers away but managed to dig a few out of the vac bags. I am always cold I wear a knee length cardigan every day too.