Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Vests in May

(37 Posts)
Lilypops Mon 24-May-21 08:52:11

Anyone still wearing their vests. !, I am well it’s more a camisole really but I cant do with a cold back, wearing nothing under a top. I think I will have to have it surgically removed before June begins ,

Lucca Mon 24-May-21 08:53:02

Sounds like a nursery rhyme

JoyBloggs Mon 24-May-21 09:04:12

Yes! And it's a thick, thermal, totally unglamorous job and I'm not sure I'll be parting with it for a while! I'd add that I'm quite an active person but I'd need to spend all day leaping around to stay warm without it.

I'm reassured that I'm being sensible by the old saying...

"Ne'er cast a clout 'til May be out"

tanith Mon 24-May-21 09:09:45

Yep I’m wearing a thin but warm thermal top under my sweater this morning. It did come off for a week or so but I’ve just felt so chilly I’ve put it back on.

SuzieHi Mon 24-May-21 09:09:51

Yes! Seems ridiculous in May. Also still using my electric blanket and winter duvet. Love getting into a warm bed. Husband snuggles over too- although he says he doesn’t want an electric blanket on his side !

sodapop Mon 24-May-21 09:14:02

Think the rhyme refers to May blossom not the month Joy. Although I don't really like the constant rain we are having at present I am making the most of a cooler May as I hate the heat of summer.

Shropshirelass Mon 24-May-21 09:17:48

My DH feels the cold and is still wearing his vest, thermal top, thick shirt and sweater (pure wool). Says he is still cold so heating on and fire going, roll on summer when it decides to appear!

Kali2 Mon 24-May-21 09:19:07

Yes- got 2 on as I am going to work in the garden in a mo and it is cold!

Marmight Mon 24-May-21 09:23:19

My ‘vest’ is a Tshirt which Ive worn all winter (not the same one obviously ?) so if I get warmer I can take off the outer layer and still look half decent. I’ve also been wearing a Tshirt in bed for weeks. It usually gets thrown off once the winter duvet warms me up. Roll on summer ?

EllanVannin Mon 24-May-21 09:33:02

Yes, me, and a thick jumper-----and a long cardigan over that !
Tights too, indoors. My old dog's body has to be warm for me to function----for housework purposes, koff !
Hoping to get them surgically removed at the beginning of June grin

Lilypops Mon 24-May-21 09:45:40

Glad it’s not just me than. I feel the cold ,heating still on but low. Still wearing jumpers on top of my vest.

dragonfly46 Mon 24-May-21 09:51:57

Oh yes I wear a camisole to keep my middle warm even in May! My mum used to wear two in the winter and one in the summer!

Redhead56 Mon 24-May-21 09:55:27

Thick long sleeved thermal vests and thick black tights everyday. Put my thick woolly jumpers away but managed to dig a few out of the vac bags. I am always cold I wear a knee length cardigan every day too.

Urmstongran Mon 24-May-21 09:58:11

Another daily vest wearer here! Can’t believe how wet & cold our UK weather is for late May. Hopefully one more week then ...
☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
Can’t wait.

dogsmother Mon 24-May-21 09:59:23

Yes and I’m so South.

eazybee Mon 24-May-21 10:12:11

Yes.
Mummy would be pleased.

Grannycool52 Mon 24-May-21 10:17:16

Yep, blooming freezing & still wearing lots of layers!

M0nica Mon 24-May-21 10:27:41

My long sleeved thermal vests are still worn most days, that or I have my extra layer thick knitted jacket on. I am currently wearng a light long-sleeved wool sweater under a bigger more bulkier one.

Then there are the thermal socks and sometimes, still, the fingerless gloves because my Reynauds syndrome, usually a winter phenomenon, is still giving me jip

glammanana Mon 24-May-21 10:29:58

I'm still wearing a light t-shirt as a vest as I'm still feeling the chill I have loads of short sleeved t-shirts that I wear daily.

When I was small my mum had us wearing liberty vests with buttons down the front during cold weather we never took them off until May was over and we sprang into June.

Marmight Mon 24-May-21 10:33:48

Ooh yes. The dreaded liberty bodice over the cherub vest!

Blossoming Mon 24-May-21 10:41:40

No, I’m Northern grin.

Shrub Mon 24-May-21 11:07:30

I wear a camisole or vest most of the year! I need something extra round my middle. I have been known to remove it occasionally in July!

Barmeyoldbat Mon 24-May-21 11:10:29

Yes I am still wearing mine and the heating is still going on, also still using a hot water bottle at times for a top up heat.

Witzend Mon 24-May-21 11:15:17

Just the other day I went for my usual walk with my padded coat on again. I did wonder whether I’d be too hot, but no, not in that very chilly wind.

Still wearing camisoles under tops, and unless it’s a polo, a scarf around my neck.

Baggs Mon 24-May-21 11:16:29

I'm currently wearing four layers on my torso and two pairs of socks. This is standard for me from October (sometimes even September) until at least the end of May. I needed gloves this morning driving to work.

May, i.e. hawthorn blossom, is not out near us yet so no 'clouts' are being cast yet a while!