Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Botox

(46 Posts)
Lilypops Sun 11-Jul-21 08:21:53

Should I ?? I have deep lines between my eyebrows, a permanent frown and I feel tempted to try Botox, I have always thought no, not for me as I also have marionette lines each side of my mouth ,if I didn’t get them filled (too expensive) would the rest of my face look odd with a smooth forehead,
The rest of my face is smooth , I don’t have any wrinkles. But these frown lines are really deep ,and they bother me,
My daughter has a little Botox on her forehead as she had inherited my “ tramlines”. And looks so fresh faced , but then she is only in her mid 40,s , I am 73 and look reasonably ok for my age but I hate what I see in the mirror,

aquagran Sun 11-Jul-21 09:42:41

Go for it! I haven’t had it, but have had fillers. Recommend that.
Am thinking of having eyebrows micro bladed ( not sure if that is the right word) , anybody had that?

geekesse Sun 11-Jul-21 09:44:22

A bit of counselling to learn to love yourself as you are might do less long-term damage and have more lasting success than Botox, and it could work out cheaper smile

BlueBelle Sun 11-Jul-21 09:48:43

I m dead against face surgery or procedures of any kind
love what you’ve got
look what happens to some Anne Robinson, Katie price etc etc it all starts with a little bit of Botox

timetogo2016 Sun 11-Jul-21 09:50:37

TBH,i don`t fancy the idea of botox,i was told it was cow urine.
Don`t know if thats true or not,but either way i don`t want anything injected in me.

Kim19 Sun 11-Jul-21 09:54:48

If it really troubles you (and it seems to) then go for it as long as you do much research in selecting your 'provider'. Also, has it occurred to you that you may not like the result? I have read that it fades with time (??) so you might consider it worth the risk. Good luck with whatever you decide.

geekesse Sun 11-Jul-21 09:59:01

Botox is botulism toxin, the poison caused by bacterial infection which causes a deadly form of food poisoning. I would never deliberately put that stuff in any part of my body.

(I chuckle to myself every time a Covid anti-vaxxer brags about having Botox.]

Shelflife Sun 11-Jul-21 10:10:35

Do what feels right for you. For me it is a most definate NO NO !

Visgir1 Sun 11-Jul-21 11:27:49

Go for it.. My sister has hers done about every 6 months.
I have completely different skin and fortunately not a big issue but I would in a heartbeat. I just have Micro bladed eyebrows.
Just make sure they are a professional set up.

JaneJudge Sun 11-Jul-21 11:30:55

it is a financial outlay as you have to keep having it, so I suppose another question is, can you afford it?

Shinamae Sun 11-Jul-21 11:32:17

aquagran

Go for it! I haven’t had it, but have had fillers. Recommend that.
Am thinking of having eyebrows micro bladed ( not sure if that is the right word) , anybody had that?

Yes, I have had my eyebrows microblade it. It’s a peculiar feeling as it hurts but it’s not painful, ?it’s very odd feeling not sure I would have it again.. but I will say the results were fantastic

Shinamae Sun 11-Jul-21 11:35:27

Personally I would never have anything injected in my face, Botox or fillers and they do need topping up every few months as well so as a previous poster said it can be an expensive beauty program. I have had microdermabration and I do micro needling at home myself (google it) but that’s as far as I’m prepared to go… last Christmas my friend spent £1700 on fillers and to be honest today she just looks like she did before she had the process and she cannot afford another £1700

Blossoming Sun 11-Jul-21 11:35:34

Nope, in earlier times people used arsenic and lead as cosmetics, often with deadly results. Now people inject a virulent poison. Mad or what?

cornishpatsy Sun 11-Jul-21 11:53:31

If they bother you have them done. Your daughter has used the practitioner so you know their work.

It might be enough of a change that you do not want any other work.

Lilypops Sun 11-Jul-21 11:54:55

Thankyou all for your input on the Botox, It is something I have thought about on and off for a long time and wouldn’t do it without a lot of research, I would never go further ie Katie Price/ Anne Robinson. But it would be nice not to look at these tramlines in my forehead every day,

rafichagran Sun 11-Jul-21 11:58:38

I would not have it, but if you think it will make you feel better, go for it.

DillytheGardener Sun 11-Jul-21 12:00:58

Go for it. I had what is known as ‘baby botox’. It didn’t remove my lines (or facial expression) completely, just made me look well rested.

It had the added bonus of relieving my chronic migraines a little too.

Not even my husband knows I did it, I had it done when he went on a golf trip.

Redhead56 Sun 11-Jul-21 12:06:41

I lightly pencil in my eyebrows. I lost them through stress when DD left home but I have not got the nerve for treatments. I think the lines and wrinkles I now have go with the snowy white hair. My friend had her eyebrows tattooed they do look good but it's not for me. My older sisters had Botox it's made no difference really. If you really feel it will make you happy then go for it.

aquagran Sun 11-Jul-21 12:19:15

Thanks for the feedback on eyebrows. I am going for it!

Gilly1952 Sun 11-Jul-21 12:22:14

If tramlines are a problem, grow a long fringe!!

3nanny6 Sun 11-Jul-21 12:23:22

Has anyone seen the new look for Danniella Westbrook,
that is if most of you know who she is.
She has had botox and lip fillers and this is in her quest to build her sunken face.

I am not a hater of Danniella and feel sad that her face suffered so much because of her drug use. Good luck to her.

I have though of getting some botox but may just let my face age gracefully. I did spend some money a few weeks ago on
several anti-ageing wrinkle skin products and skin is already
showing smoothness and I am pleased with products I bought.

BigBertha1 Sun 11-Jul-21 12:28:54

I am considering it toom for similar reasons Lilypops plus I always look sad and tired which I am but if this helps. The best thing is to have a consultation and then decide. Go to a reputable clinic which has accredited clinicians not beauticians. I'm going to take my own advice and will let you know how I get on.

annodomini Sun 11-Jul-21 12:29:11

I abhor the idea of Botox, but if anything makes me more resistant it's what I have seen on Countdown.
Just saying!

BlueBelle Sun 11-Jul-21 12:56:50

But it doesn’t really matter how reputable the consultant is it’s putting a toxin into your face how can anyone justify doing that to themselves and yes people did used to use arsenic and other potions just shows we have learnt nothing, doesn’t it ?

JaneJudge Sun 11-Jul-21 13:15:40

I feel sorry for Daniella Westbrook too, she seems such a fragile soul