Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Getting my body ready for Spring!

(45 Posts)
Riverwalk Tue 15-Feb-22 09:22:50

Well something along those lines grin

Yesterday I had a pedicure and eyebrow wax and could do with a haircut and me roots doing, but that will have to wait until next week.

I've been slathering on body lotion - not quite reached peach-like loveliness yet but working on it smile

Is any one else raising their beauty bar?

Grandmabatty Tue 15-Feb-22 09:28:10

As mine is currently attached to the floor, I've a long way to go! ?

merlotgran Tue 15-Feb-22 09:29:08

My beauty bar’s so low I ought to try limbo dancing under it to get fitter! ?

Shinamae Tue 15-Feb-22 09:35:11

Last Saturday I had the first part of my micro blading on my eyebrows, go back in a month to have it finished off…

Germanshepherdsmum Tue 15-Feb-22 09:35:39

Riverwalk, I hold you responsible for the awful crepey legs ad popping up!
Doing toenails today. No further plans. There’s no way I could limbo dance under my bar.

Witzend Tue 15-Feb-22 09:35:53

Funnily enough, I’ve recently been thinking that I’m long overdue for a pedicure. I do it myself, a good soak in a bowl of warm soapy water first, which sits on an old beach towel in the sitting room, telly on while I do it. ?

J52 Tue 15-Feb-22 09:42:27

Yes. Topped up the lotions and potions on a spending spree, yesterday. Like coming out of a cocoon.
Getting ready for my first holiday abroad in two years.

Riverwalk Tue 15-Feb-22 10:28:56

Shinamae

Last Saturday I had the first part of my micro blading on my eyebrows, go back in a month to have it finished off…

I know two people who've had micro-blading - it's very effective and looks great.

BigBertha1 Tue 15-Feb-22 12:26:43

Good for you Riverwalk a kind of spring cleaning but for you. I bet it feels good. I asked my nail lady for a bright colour this time- I usually have the darkest red possible but I am cerise now for Spring. I also bought myself a pink jacket from Boden with a little windfall- pricey but an investment.

AreWeThereYet Tue 15-Feb-22 12:38:17

Yep. Pedicure last week (home one), toes all done. Got the body butters out from the drawer and legs and feet are already feeling nicer. We've even got out of our lockdown diet and both lost a few pounds without even trying.

GagaJo Tue 15-Feb-22 12:40:36

My body will be ready when the sun it out. No extra prep. I take that back. I might put on some toenail polish.

crazyH Tue 15-Feb-22 12:44:59

Yes - will have a pedicure before the summer , when the sandals come out. Till then , I shall trim my toenails myself (with great difficulty).

Shinamae Tue 15-Feb-22 12:47:24

Riverwalk

Shinamae

I know two people who've had micro-blading - it's very effective and looks great.

I agree,this is the second time I’ve had it done,the last time was four years ago but it does hurt, it’s strange it’s not painful but it hurts

Soroptimum Tue 15-Feb-22 16:34:58

Shinamae

Riverwalk

Shinamae

I agree,this is the second time I’ve had it done,the last time was four years ago but it does hurt, it’s strange it’s not painful but it hurts

My eyebrows have thinned and have lots of grey in them, would microblading be ok?

ShazzaKanazza Tue 15-Feb-22 18:50:22

I’ve been getting my feet ready for sandals since the new year. Ever time I put on a pair of socks I lather up my feet with any old cream I have knocking around and they are super soft.

HettyBetty Tue 15-Feb-22 19:06:16

I get given a lot of hand cream and suchlike, far more than my hands can use. I've been slathering it on my legs and feet at bedtime so it soaks in under my pj's all night. It's working well.

Toenails not fit for viewing yet but I am as slim and toned as I'm likely to be at my age.

Audi10 Tue 15-Feb-22 19:17:51

Yes I’m the same as you , I’m doing my bit for my bod! Pedicure etc , extra moisturising, haircut, I pluck eyebrows myself, dye my own hair, don’t have my nails done but do paint those myself, looking forward to spring and summer

Jaxjacky Tue 15-Feb-22 19:18:20

Does this mean I need to epilate my legs, I might bung up the blades!
Can someone please enlighten this ignorant one, what does a full pedicure involve, my toenails get painted at the moment, what else is there? Thanks.

Visgir1 Tue 15-Feb-22 19:40:45

Shinamae

You won't regret doing that, good for you.. Love mine.

Coastpath Tue 15-Feb-22 20:15:52

I had my referral letter through for my bunion operation today. Does that count? smile

Riverwalk Wed 16-Feb-22 09:36:57

Yes, bunions count!

Riverwalk Wed 16-Feb-22 09:45:18

Jaxjacky

Does this mean I need to epilate my legs, I might bung up the blades!
Can someone please enlighten this ignorant one, what does a full pedicure involve, my toenails get painted at the moment, what else is there? Thanks.

They vary but usually, a soak in warm scented water, old colour removed, nails clipped and shaped, cuticles and any hard skin dealt with, foot massage with oil/lotion, base coat and 2 coats of colour on nails. And there you go - lovely feet!

My nails are now a fetching shade of mauve hmm

Witzend Wed 16-Feb-22 09:53:56

Apart from the massage, that’s more or less what I do at home, Riverwalk.

Kalu Wed 16-Feb-22 10:08:12

A timely thread Riverwalk
I have sorely neglected any form of beauty regime, very dry skin which is crying out for more hydration, I had my go to remedy which leaves my skin soft and nourished. I had a Cleopatra bath, so called as it contains a litre of milk, half a bag of Dead Sea salts and a few drops of lavender oil. Soak for 20 mins. and the result is soft, hydrated skin with the added bonus of feeling very relaxed. I finish off doing a manicure and pedicure. All done and nowhere to go!?
One positive is, post menopause, no need to shave legs/under arm as the only hair left is on my head, thinner than it was but thank goodness still plenty left.

Kalu Wed 16-Feb-22 10:13:19

Before I do a pedicure I soak my feet in a basin of water with a large handful of porridge oats, softens the skin beautifully and I then apply CCS foot care cream and massage.