Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Eyebrows

(33 Posts)
Lilliesmum79 Fri 20-May-22 07:01:50

How do you pluck eyebrows whilst wearing glasses. Ive tried magnifying mirrors not strong enough and can't do it when wearing glasses. Can't wax as skin now very sensitive. It seems I've Denis Healy eyebrows with added white ones sprouting out ??

Grandmabatty Fri 20-May-22 13:15:40

I would add that microblading fades quite a bit after a few years. So it's not as permanent as a tattoo would be.

Jaxjacky Fri 20-May-22 13:17:55

www.goodhousekeeping.com/uk/beauty/hair/a568795/microblading-eyebrows-semi-permanent-tattooing/#:~:text=Microblading%20is%20a%20form%20of,by%20hand%2C%20using%20tiny%20microblades.

This explains micro blading

V3ra Fri 20-May-22 17:43:57

I had my eyebrows microbladed five years ago and they're still good.
The therapist I went to didn't use any anaesthetic as she explained it numbed the skin and the pigment couldn't penetrate as well.
I followed her after-care instructions very carefully; she said don't get them wet for a week while they heal so I put vaseline over them when I washed my hair. I also kept them out of the sun as that can fade them.

Serendipity22 Fri 20-May-22 21:59:37

dogsmother

Serendipity why do think threading is so bad? It’s a little uncomfortable but so is plucking and threading is much faster!
And the shaping that is a his amazing in no time.

I think its the thought that its uncomfortable, obviously the amount of woman I see tells me its very popular but for me i think its a no no.

hmm

MayBee70 Fri 20-May-22 22:39:25

Maggierose

Maybee, it’s a bit like a tattoo. Little scratches inked in. Doesn’t really hurt. It looks too much at first but fades down to a natural look in days. You have to keep them dry for a week. I was given an ointment to use so I didn’t get any scabbing.

Thanks. My skin is terrible these days and doesn’t heal very well so I guess I can’t really risk anything that might cause a scab to form.

crazyH Fri 20-May-22 22:49:54

If micro blading g sounds painful, why not have them waxed and the filled with whatever they use (forgot the name)

Jane43 Fri 20-May-22 23:01:13

Benefit do a nice little kit called ‘Brow Zings’. It has a wax and a powder in various shades and also has two small brushes and a small pair of tweezers. It is around £20 but lasts for ages, you use the wax to tidy the brows first then fill in any gaps with the powder. It is much easier to use than pencil and gives a natural look.