Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

My new Skechers

(56 Posts)
MawtheMerrier Fri 17-Jun-22 13:10:14

I know we have had endless threads about trainers/comfy shoes/feet ? in general, but despite spending a couple of hundred pounds on 2 pairs of Hotter trainers, 2 pairs of Jana Softline (v soft) my feet are playing up again in this hot weather.
My Birkenstocks are fine but the necessity for compression socks means barefoot is no longer an option. I have just taken delivery of these Skechers Go Walk Joy - knitted and stretchy, superlight - at last I can walk in comfort! And at £34.99 a heck of a lot cheaper!

SueDonim Fri 17-Jun-22 13:40:14

Oh, nice! I’ve just got some Reikers which are v comfortable. Oh the relief!

tanith Fri 17-Jun-22 13:47:32

I have 4prs of skechers now and they are my go to shoe when I'm not wearing flipflops comfiest shoes ever.

Germanshepherdsmum Fri 17-Jun-22 13:50:10

Thanks Maw, I’m going to have a look.

nanna8 Fri 17-Jun-22 13:54:34

I’ve got a couple of pairs of Skechers, they are very comfortable. They cost a lot more here, though .

MiniMoon Fri 17-Jun-22 13:59:12

I love mine. I've two pairs of Sketchers Go Walk, one pair navy with flowers, lace ups, and one pair neon orange slip ons with bungee laces. Both are extremely comfortable.

MawtheMerrier Fri 17-Jun-22 14:23:57

That thing my mum used to tell me about how if your feet are not right , the rest of you isn’t either. So true.
Of course when I was younger I took no notice whatsoever and could spend the day standing and walking around, teaching, happy in my heels.
But now? I don’t know when the rot set in but I would say around 12 years ago I realised that comfort is all!

Summerlove Fri 17-Jun-22 14:25:41

Ive a similar pair in grey - they even wash well in the washing machine!

libra10 Fri 17-Jun-22 14:28:16

I love Skechers, they're so comfortable, like walking on air!

MawtheMerrier Fri 17-Jun-22 14:29:19

It may be advertising but I’d be selfish to keep the company’s name to myself.
M&M Direct - only &34.99 a pair!

Thanks for the tip about the washing machine!

Jaxjacky Fri 17-Jun-22 14:56:52

With you tanith bare feet at the moment, flipflops or sketchers otherwise.

RichmondPark Fri 17-Jun-22 15:25:44

They look great MawtheMerrier.

Sketchers are my go to shoes to, but can I also put a word in for Hush Puppies. My new sandals are unbelievably comfortable even on my wide, buniony feet.

Aveline Fri 17-Jun-22 16:23:12

I love my Skechers too but they're just a bit too soft and unsupportive for my strange ankle and foot. I wear them if I'm not walking much but otherwise have to wear stiffer trainers.
Big hello to Reiker and ECCO sandals!

VioletSky Fri 17-Jun-22 16:29:34

I like them as they have gpod arxh support, only issue is they always come up big for size

MawtheMerrier Fri 17-Jun-22 16:30:18

I find Rieker on the narrow side, and while I would agree in general about Skechers, this model (?) -Go Walk Joy- comes further up my instep and is pleasantly supportive without feeling restrictive.

Aveline Fri 17-Jun-22 16:30:51

My ankles wobble about in them. My Skechers are sort of grey coloured fabric lace up ones.

J52 Fri 17-Jun-22 17:34:25

Sketchers are the best tennis shoes I’ve ever had. They’re blue woven material, light, absorb impact and so light.

NotTooOld Fri 17-Jun-22 21:51:21

Here's another vote for Skechers but I also like Pavers. Very similar to Skechers and loads of different styles and colours. They can also go in the washing machine. What's not to like?

ElaineI Fri 17-Jun-22 21:59:45

I wear Skechers too as advised by podiatrist. Had a bunion op in January and they are more comfortable than my clarks shoes as my foot is still swollen a bit. Found that my sandals that I like are too tight so might try some of your recommendations ladies.

CraftyGranny Fri 17-Jun-22 22:01:56

MawtheMerrier

It may be advertising but I’d be selfish to keep the company’s name to myself.
M&M Direct - only &34.99 a pair!

Thanks for the tip about the washing machine!

I have just bought two pairs of these from the same place Maw. They are sooo comfortable.

NanKate Fri 17-Jun-22 22:22:30

I’m fed up with my feet aching so I bought from Boots a bottle of Foot Bath and ointment to go with it. It’s herbal based. And just like my old mum I soaked my feet in warm water mixed with the liquid. I then dried and massaging in some of the cream and put on socks. My feet felt so much better after that.

Today I looked up on YouTube how to do a 3 minute foot massage. I’ve done it once and will try again tomorrow.

I’m determined to improve the state of my feet. I see a Podiatrist every 6 weeks.

Jane43 Fri 17-Jun-22 22:32:35

nanna8

I’ve got a couple of pairs of Skechers, they are very comfortable. They cost a lot more here, though .

They are much cheaper in America and there is usually an offer of buy one and get one half price. We always used to buy at least two pairs each when we visited but we haven’t been for six years. Deichman shoe shop sometimes has them on offer and so do Pavers and QVC.

MawtheMerrier Fri 17-Jun-22 22:50:43

I have trouble reaching my feet NanKate - my arms seem to have shrunk!

heath480 Fri 17-Jun-22 23:44:34

I have three pairs of Skechers,all machine washable.I live near an Outlet,pay about £40 a pair.

I was in London a few weeks ago and walked miles,my feet were fine in my Skechers.They often have them in TK Maxx.

I do find they come up a bit big so like to try on before purchase.

NanKate Sat 18-Jun-22 08:10:59

Maw have you tried reaching your feet by lying on the bed with your feet on a towel and reaching them that way them that way?
This arm shortening is a curse ?