Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Is Your Wardrobe Winter Ready?

(32 Posts)
Blossoming Sat 03-Dec-22 19:18:10

Subject line of an email. I’ve checked and I have an oodie, long sleeved thermal vests, thermal leggings and big fluffy socks. That’s me sorted grin

Yammy Sun 04-Dec-22 21:04:57

You never know Maw there might be a few fir cones in the pockets.
Yes, I think I am winter ready I gave in a got the dratted/dreaded" Barbour" as my birthday present. I hate to admit but it is handy and waterproof. I feel as if I am a signed-up member of the Cumbrian wet watch at last. I would have much rather had something pretty.
DD promised to buy me today, some house boots like her own from Tescos. They look good on her I'm going to look like Eskimo Nell.
The thermals are ready and the flat boots and wellingtons for the snow if it comes.

Caleo Tue 06-Dec-22 23:15:52

Thanks, Blossoming and MOnica for advice on fingerless and compatible gloves.

janets1963 Tue 10-Jan-23 14:02:54

The last thing I want is to be out in the cold and freezing my butt off (not that I have any, I'm too warm for that!) So I make sure I've got my coats, layers, scarves, gloves, and boots in check. And I don't forget the umbrella, because nobody likes a soggy head of hair.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 10-Jan-23 14:58:22

I bought a winter weight waterproof at the beginning of December, and it’s been worth it’s weight in gold. Worn at least twice a day and getting totally drenched, but standing up to everything thrown at it and keeping me totally dry and very warm.

MayBee70 Tue 10-Jan-23 15:17:33

I wear the same clothes all year round: just add or remove layers. I’ve been in tee shirts in December and woollies in summer before now. I did go through my dresses the other night. I never wear dresses these days but can’t bring myself to part with them.

Barmeyoldbat Tue 10-Jan-23 16:04:35

I bought two pairs of cord trousers back in late September, grey and black and then in October managed to 3 pure wool jumpers, two long sleeved cycling jerseys (thin and lovely and warm) plus my thermal vests and long johns. That’s me for the winter lovely and cosy