Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Ideas please “festival vibe”

(26 Posts)
Ziplok Tue 01-Aug-23 20:25:45

Going to a party in a few weeks and the organiser is going for a “festival vibe” and asks us to wear something colourful and flowery. I’m a bit stumped, really - not sure what to wear.
I have got some jeans with flowery embroidery on them and a boho style blouse, but not really sure if that will do. Definitely don’t want to look like mutton dressed as lamb. Shorts are a no no for me at my age. DH doesn’t possess anything flowery shirt wise, but has plenty of jeans.
We’re not festival goers, so really struggling with this.
Has anyone got any suggestions?

lixy Tue 01-Aug-23 20:29:18

Flowers in your hair to go with your boho blouse and flowery jeans.
Oh might find some wooden beads to go with a T shirt and jeans, and sandals (no socks!).
It sounds like a lot of fun.

Callistemon21 Tue 01-Aug-23 20:31:54

That sounds just right.
Your DH could wear some beads if you have any?
Flowery trousers?

Don't forget - If you're going to San Francisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair 😀

Ziplok Tue 01-Aug-23 20:39:55

Yes, I’ve got a long string of wooden beads he could put over a t shirt/shirt
Wouldn’t get him in a pair of those flowery trousers in a month of Sundays 😂, possibly a flowery shirt though.
I could get a flowery string garland for my hair, and I’ve got a floppy hat that I could wrap them round, if that would work.

HappyLife Tue 01-Aug-23 20:52:07

This sounds like good fun. Definitely a floppy hat! Just Google "festival fashion" or something similar and you'll get the right idea but what you have sounds brilliant.

62Granny Tue 01-Aug-23 21:18:37

What you suggested for your outfit sounds perfect
What about something like these for your hubby
www.cottontraders.com/product-zoom/?pid=AA15397DarkGrey&cgid
www.cottontraders.com/men/tops-and-t-shirts/short-sleeve-printed-polo-shirt/AA15357Basil.html?dwvar_AA15357Basil_color=Basil&cgid=mens-tops-tshirts
If you don't want to spend on something that is only worn once check out the charity shops .

Dee1012 Wed 02-Aug-23 08:38:04

If DH has got any old t shirts, you could tie dye one with a cheap dye or some bleach?
Even have a look in charity shops for a band t shirt....add the beads and it's almost Woodstock! grin

toscalily Wed 02-Aug-23 09:46:31

Tell him not to have a haircut between now and then smile

nandad Wed 02-Aug-23 10:00:14

Husband wore flared jeans purchased from a charity shop, they may have been women’s, a cheap white t-shirt with a CND sign drawn on in fabric pen. Matalan have got a lot of fringe tops atm.
Have a great time.

Ziplok Wed 02-Aug-23 10:43:15

Thank you to all of you for your suggestions and support 👍🏼.
(Afraid he’s not got that much hair to grow, toscalily 😂)

Callistemon21 Wed 02-Aug-23 10:45:48

Ziplok

Thank you to all of you for your suggestions and support 👍🏼.
(Afraid he’s not got that much hair to grow, toscalily 😂)

I shouldn't laugh Ziplok
(But I did)
😂😂😂

LuckyFour Wed 02-Aug-23 11:57:39

Loved your post Callistemon21. The memories you invoked with your reference to 'San Francisco wearing flowers in our hair' brought tears to my eyes it was so nostalgic. Loved that era and the music.

sunbar Wed 02-Aug-23 12:04:27

Google Stevie Nicks and follow that vibe!

Cossy Wed 02-Aug-23 12:08:49

Sounds great and you have clearly got your outfits spot on ! Enjoy x

rowyn Wed 02-Aug-23 12:35:55

NO IDEA!
Sorry
Just had to say that I absolutely loathe that word 'vibe'!

toscalily Wed 02-Aug-23 13:10:56

rowyn did you really need to say that?

missdeke Wed 02-Aug-23 13:19:02

Festival vibe? Welly boots and a plastic mac ought to do it grin

MiniMoon Wed 02-Aug-23 14:27:31

missdeke, just what I was thinking🤣, but rather than the mac I was thinking of a plastic poncho.

toscalily Wed 02-Aug-23 14:34:11

Well even if its wet you can still squelch about in flip flops smile

Ziplok Wed 02-Aug-23 15:18:18

Yes, the way the weather is heading, I’ll need my flowery wellies and a waterproof poncho 😂😂.

Norah Wed 02-Aug-23 15:34:30

Using Bridget Jones as example - perhaps no slim fitting white trousers, pale jumper and adorable heels? Wellies? Yes.

tictacnana Wed 02-Aug-23 19:25:38

Wellies and don’t shower for a bit.

Callistemon21 Wed 02-Aug-23 19:39:30

tictacnana

Wellies and don’t shower for a bit.

Nor shave your legs or armpits!!

hilz Wed 02-Aug-23 21:36:04

Your outfit sounds sorted. Get the old man to go topless and cover him in felt tip flower power. Stick a tie around his head and get him to practice the peace sign. Everyone will be in the same boat so pop those corks, pour that beer and enjoy yourselves. If the weather is rubbish then there is always bin liners to wear...

Ziplok Thu 03-Aug-23 14:10:05

😂.
We’re more or less sorted now. Thanks to all your suggestions (and laughs - cheered me up).
DH found a suitable shirt in town today, not over flowery, but flowery none the less. It’s one he could wear another time, too, so it won’t sit in the wardrobe never to see the light of day again after the party.
Will let you all know how it went in a few weeks time. 😁