Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Saggy bottomed and bobbly joggers

(28 Posts)
Grannyjacq1 Fri 03-Nov-23 12:28:05

Can anyone recommend a brand of joggers which don't go bobbly, don't go baggy at the knees and bottoms, please? Just for wearing around the house really, but don't mind paying a bit more for quality.

dragonfly46 Fri 03-Nov-23 12:32:35

I have bought them from John Lewis and Next and none of them have gone baggy.

Janiepops Fri 03-Nov-23 13:33:35

Never bought them but Damart have some lovely looking ones, have a look at them.

Oldbat1 Fri 03-Nov-23 14:23:19

Im considering getting some leggings for home as i have the same issues. There is a company called Llama something and another called Tribal something. Friends wear them and really like them. They advertise on facebook. Im not sure leggings are for me as i have skinny legs but may consider buying.

Germanshepherdsmum Fri 03-Nov-23 14:47:43

Rather than joggers, have you considered plain jersey trousers? I buy mine from Lands End, plain black - last ages, don’t go baggy and don’t bobble. Much smarter than joggers too.

Grandmadinosaur Fri 03-Nov-23 15:41:55

Oldbat1

Im considering getting some leggings for home as i have the same issues. There is a company called Llama something and another called Tribal something. Friends wear them and really like them. They advertise on facebook. Im not sure leggings are for me as i have skinny legs but may consider buying.

Around the house I wear leggings from Mint Velvet. Being short they also do a cropped version that is ideal for me. Again they are not too expensive.

Norah Fri 03-Nov-23 18:58:06

Have you considered navy or black cotton washable trousers?

If it's cold with tights under.

I like jeans and various trousers no bobbly leggings or joggers.

Marydoll Fri 03-Nov-23 19:51:40

I wear Uniqlo airism joggers about the house. The ones I have are at least six years old and good as new.
They are sold out at the moment, but I managed to get a new pair from Ebay

Uniqlo joggers

Callistemon21 Fri 03-Nov-23 20:25:37

Germanshepherdsmum

Rather than joggers, have you considered plain jersey trousers? I buy mine from Lands End, plain black - last ages, don’t go baggy and don’t bobble. Much smarter than joggers too.

I've just bought some from M&S 😲
Jersey Straight Leg Joggers

Neat fit but I did need a shorter length than normal.

I've not washed them yet but they are comfortable and feel like good quality.

Jaxjacky Fri 03-Nov-23 20:46:52

Still in jeans, no elasticated waist, yet!

Norah Fri 03-Nov-23 21:01:19

Jaxjacky

Still in jeans, no elasticated waist, yet!

Indeed.

Why I suggested cotton trousers, elastic bunches, imo.

Callistemon21 Fri 03-Nov-23 21:05:11

It's just for round the house.

And - if elastic bunches then you're looking at the wrong joggers.

Callistemon21 Fri 03-Nov-23 21:07:07

Germanshepherdsmum

Yes, I usually buy Land's End but was surprised at the M&S ones.
Good, heavy quality, smooth line, remains to be seen how they wash though.

Jeans are old hat imo.

Norah Fri 03-Nov-23 21:07:39

I read 'around the house' but I'm not sure your point?

Of course elastic bunches, it's not the same as a normal fitted waist.

Norah Fri 03-Nov-23 21:09:35

Oh dear, directed at a quote from Callistemon21

Callistemon21 Fri 03-Nov-23 21:10:56

Norah

I read 'around the house' but I'm not sure your point?

Of course elastic bunches, it's not the same as a normal fitted waist.

🤔

Oh dear.

Callistemon21 Fri 03-Nov-23 21:12:50

It's obvious the elasticared bunch offerings from American firms must differ from the fitted plain jersey trousers Germanshepherdsmum and I are talking about.

Callistemon21 Fri 03-Nov-23 21:13:13

Elasticated bynchy offerings

Norah Fri 03-Nov-23 21:29:38

Callistemon21

It's obvious the elasticared bunch offerings from American firms must differ from the fitted plain jersey trousers Germanshepherdsmum and I are talking about.

I think elastic bunches no matter the production, it's not a smooth fitted waist with zipper. I didn't recommend a brand from a specific country. I said I prefer jeans, no bunchy elastic.

Callistemon21 Fri 03-Nov-23 22:03:32

No bulky zipper, just a smooth fit.

AskAlice Fri 17-Nov-23 09:27:07

I bought three pairs of M&S straight legged jersey trousers that I have had for 4 years now. The haven't "bobbled" at all and wash beautifully.

The stretch waist is a wider elasticated piece, not separate elastic in a "channel" so it doesn't bunch at all and gives a nice smooth fit.

I also make my own trousers with elasticated waists. I find the trick is to sew vertically through the elastic at all the side, front and back seams (stich in the ditch) so that it doesn't bunch up or twist. Seems to work for me!

Esmay Fri 17-Nov-23 09:43:03

I buy whatever is on offer from Sports Direct .

I bought the last lot nine years ago and have worn and worn them right through every winter since .

One has a bleach stain and one some paint splashes - my fault .

My only criticism are the strings at the waist - they sometimes disappear .
I've just bought another three pairs and no complaints .

BigBertha1 Fri 17-Nov-23 09:46:48

I find Mint Velvet ones are excellent - a bit more expensive at around £25 but don't bobble or stretch, they wash well and they do fade over time and lots of washes like all them I think.

Joseann Fri 17-Nov-23 09:54:23

I buy mine from yogaleggs. They are more of an active wear garment, but the quality is very good. Not the compressor tight leggings, but the baggy ones, they don't go bobbly even when exercising on the floor. M & S ones have gone very rough.

maddyone Fri 17-Nov-23 10:04:12

Marks and Spencers.
Not expensive, don’t bobble or go baggy.
I wear them all the time around the house, but change into jeans to go out.