Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Smokers lines

(38 Posts)
Poppyred Wed 26-Aug-26 18:00:29

Anyone had these “done”?

Oreo Wed 26-Aug-26 18:41:03

Can you have them reduced? If so I would have expected Queen Camilla to look better.

Poppyred Thu 27-Aug-26 08:18:58

Anyone?

Iam64 Thu 27-Aug-26 08:41:04

Oreo - I hope Camilla continues to age naturally 🥰

MT62 Thu 27-Aug-26 08:44:26

Deep chemical peel

Boomer1947 Thu 27-Aug-26 08:46:37

Is she going to keep getting her candy floss hair dyed?
Bleached, blonde hair on someone of her age is not a good look.

twinnytwin Thu 27-Aug-26 10:02:28

Can you stop the comments about Camilla please. Let her style herself the way she wants. Not everyone wants to have grey or salt and pepper hair. I certainly don't plan to leave mine uncoloured.
The OP asked about treatment to get rid of smokers lines. Sorry can't help with that.

Jalyn Thu 27-Aug-26 10:09:19

twinnytwin 👏👏👏
Unpleasant comments on Camilla's appearance.

Samsara1 Thu 27-Aug-26 10:29:20

No I haven't. I don't have 'smokers lines' but I do have creases above my lips (posssibly caused by drinking through straws). I just pour in serum and a good face cream. I imagine its quite a common procedure introducing some collagen by injection but all these things are costly. Can you find some good reviews from local aesthetic procedure salons? That might help you decide.

Jaxjacky Thu 27-Aug-26 10:32:51

Well said twinnytwin.

Oreo Thu 27-Aug-26 16:28:04

Camilla is terribly wrinkled and is a smoker, so smokers lines are a real thing.
Makes me glad I haven’t been a smoker.
I doubt that you’ll get anyone to admit they have had work done on their faces poppyred I think you’ll have better luck on Mumsnet tbh.

Smileless2012 Thu 27-Aug-26 16:39:00

She stopped smoking 20 years ago.

Mazgg Thu 27-Aug-26 17:04:25

It's an unfortunate name given to the vertical lines above lips. I haven't smoked but have them due to dental work to correct protruding teeth many years ago. Unfortunately I can't have collagen injections which seem to be the only treatment offered.

HobbyCat Sat 29-Aug-26 13:41:42

Boomer1947

Is she going to keep getting her candy floss hair dyed?
Bleached, blonde hair on someone of her age is not a good look.

I don’t like Camilla but I think bleach blonde hair can look good at any age. Dolly Parton, is just one example of someone older who looked fabulous with blonde hair.

Beesh Sat 29-Aug-26 13:45:10

Wow such a lot of venom directed towards Camilla? Whatever happened to “be kind”?

Nanny27 Sat 29-Aug-26 13:45:50

I rather like the Queen's hair, I think it suits her.

Delila Sat 29-Aug-26 13:56:21

Why bring Camilla into this at all?

Gracey Sat 29-Aug-26 14:29:16

I agree. I think Camilla's hair suits her. She has the right skin shade for blonde hair, unlike some women.

As for smoker's lines, I have never smoked but the skin above my top lip is now puckered. One of the 'delights' of ageing.

Not a lot can be done. The best treatment is to not obsess about it, imo.

WelshPoppy Sat 29-Aug-26 15:58:52

Thank goodness Queen Camilla is kinder than some of the participants on this post

MadAsAHatter Sat 29-Aug-26 16:13:19

Me too Nanny27

Ziplok Sat 29-Aug-26 16:28:35

I agree, why bring Camilla into this to have a go at her? The only link she has is that she is/was a smoker, so has a lined face, but the comments about her hair style and colour are irrelevant to the OP question, and rather unkind, too.

LOUISA1523 Sat 29-Aug-26 16:48:10

Boomer1947

Is she going to keep getting her candy floss hair dyed?
Bleached, blonde hair on someone of her age is not a good look.

Meow

Kathmaggie Sat 29-Aug-26 17:20:24

Yes, some unkind comments. Let her make the best of her appearance, after all she does have the resources. I put eye serum on my upper lip - not sure it helps tho 🤣

Boomer1947 Sat 29-Aug-26 17:54:09

Dolly Parton 's hair was a wig. She told us so herself as in
"I'm not dumb and I'm not blonde".

petra Sat 29-Aug-26 18:03:00

Oreo

Camilla is terribly wrinkled and is a smoker, so smokers lines are a real thing.
Makes me glad I haven’t been a smoker.
I doubt that you’ll get anyone to admit they have had work done on their faces poppyred I think you’ll have better luck on Mumsnet tbh.

Much as you wish that the above was true: your wrong.
Camilla stopped smoking in 2001