Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Smokers lines

(39 Posts)
Poppyred Wed 26-Aug-26 18:00:29

Anyone had these “done”?

petra Sat 29-Aug-26 18:04:38

My friend had hers done in Lithuania years ago.

Visgir1 Sat 29-Aug-26 20:10:12

I knew someone who had this done a few times, I think it was with Botox? It looked like she had just a ultra smooth section over her lips. Thb it never matched the rest of her face, it was quite dominant but she was happy with it.
I know she had it done at the local private hospital.

Tenko Sat 29-Aug-26 20:57:49

I’ve never smoked but I do have a few lines above my upper lip . Many years ago I did have fillers injected into the area . It was so painful and I had bruising, and I won’t do it again .

GlammakAz59 Sat 29-Aug-26 21:57:18

Had filler about 20 years ago painful and I could still see the lines but they were like stretched out didn't like the result. Last year had laser very painful, and think I'd need some more treatments for it to look better, but I don't know if I can stand the pain. I think these lines are one of the things which make me look older. I see older women on TV in magazines they don't have the awful wrinkling there must be some treatment that works.

Mollygo Sat 29-Aug-26 22:14:49

I googled this.
Best Skincare Ingredients for Mouth lines
Retinol or Retinal: These vitamin A derivatives speed up cell turnover and boost collagen production to fade deeper lines over time. Apply this only at night.

Hyaluronic Acid: This powerful humectant draws moisture into the skin, instantly plumping up fine lines and making them less noticeable.

Peptides: Look for formulas with copper peptides or Matrixyl, which act as building blocks to firm sagging skin around the lips.

Vitamin C: A morning antioxidant that protects skin from sun damage while supporting natural collagen synthesis.

The only one I’ve tried is Hyaluronic Acid.
I think it works because I feel better, but I haven had anyone comment on the results.
Mind you, no one ever commented about lines before I started. So either they’re less noticeable than I think, or people I know are too polite to mention them.

crazyH Sat 29-Aug-26 22:16:50

Ever since I’ve known my daughter’s m.i.law, she has had deep wrinkles. She freely admits, she was a sun-lover. She is a couple of years older than me, but she has the figure and the agility of a 16 year old.
I have no wrinkles , but can’t walk round the cul de sac without huffing and puffing.
So there, your choice ……we can’t have it all 😂

Vykk Sat 29-Aug-26 22:33:38

Ask your Dentist - yes, your Dentist - if Botox or fillers would help. They specialise in that area and not just for teeth ! Good luck 👍

Arto1s Sun 30-Aug-26 02:05:24

Collagen fillers I guess would do the trick. At my age I’ll probably give it a miss, but I am scheduled for blepharoplasty on both upper and lower eyelids after Christmas. Will report back.

Oreo Sun 30-Aug-26 11:37:12

petra

Oreo

Camilla is terribly wrinkled and is a smoker, so smokers lines are a real thing.
Makes me glad I haven’t been a smoker.
I doubt that you’ll get anyone to admit they have had work done on their faces poppyred I think you’ll have better luck on Mumsnet tbh.

Much as you wish that the above was true: your wrong.
Camilla stopped smoking in 2001

If she smoked all her life up to that date….it was too late to stop all the lines and wrinkles.
I mentioned Camilla as I am struck by all her wrinkles every time I see her on tv.
For context my own Mum has at least ten or 12 years on Camilla, has never smoked and is very unlined.

Oreo Sun 30-Aug-26 11:38:27

Why would I wish it were true?🤷🏼‍♀️

Oreo Sun 30-Aug-26 11:40:38

Mollygo

I googled this.
Best Skincare Ingredients for Mouth lines
Retinol or Retinal: These vitamin A derivatives speed up cell turnover and boost collagen production to fade deeper lines over time. Apply this only at night.

Hyaluronic Acid: This powerful humectant draws moisture into the skin, instantly plumping up fine lines and making them less noticeable.

Peptides: Look for formulas with copper peptides or Matrixyl, which act as building blocks to firm sagging skin around the lips.

Vitamin C: A morning antioxidant that protects skin from sun damage while supporting natural collagen synthesis.

The only one I’ve tried is Hyaluronic Acid.
I think it works because I feel better, but I haven had anyone comment on the results.
Mind you, no one ever commented about lines before I started. So either they’re less noticeable than I think, or people I know are too polite to mention them.

Well done for the research😃

rosyposy50 Sun 30-Aug-26 12:17:53

Mollygo

I googled this.
Best Skincare Ingredients for Mouth lines
Retinol or Retinal: These vitamin A derivatives speed up cell turnover and boost collagen production to fade deeper lines over time. Apply this only at night.

Hyaluronic Acid: This powerful humectant draws moisture into the skin, instantly plumping up fine lines and making them less noticeable.

Peptides: Look for formulas with copper peptides or Matrixyl, which act as building blocks to firm sagging skin around the lips.

Vitamin C: A morning antioxidant that protects skin from sun damage while supporting natural collagen synthesis.

The only one I’ve tried is Hyaluronic Acid.
I think it works because I feel better, but I haven had anyone comment on the results.
Mind you, no one ever commented about lines before I started. So either they’re less noticeable than I think, or people I know are too polite to mention them.

I’ve tried them all over the past 15 years. None of them work. The hyaluronic acid, as you say, is a good moisturiser but nothing else.

Mollygo Mon 31-Aug-26 11:23:29

rosyposy50

I’ve tried them all over the past 15 years. None of them work. The hyaluronic acid, as you say, is a good moisturiser but nothing else.

I’ll just be grateful that no one is ill mannered enough to comment on my lines then. 😄