Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Hair & Beauty Recommendations (I’ve got one!) 💋

(60 Posts)
FannyCornforth Sun 05-Mar-23 13:06:42

Hello smile
I’ve just discovered this.
It’s amazing stuff, a real find.
It really does give thin, flat hair a boost.
I bought it because the reviews were so good.
I’ve bought loads of dry shampoos before, some of them quite expensive, but this is in a different league.
And it’s £1.75!

groceries.morrisons.com/products/nutmeg-dry-shampoo-fabulously-fruity-213179011

Anyone else got any favourite buys?
And can anyone recommend a decent eye cream please?

Thank you!

Dempie55 Wed 08-Mar-23 16:11:26

Another Beauty Pie recommendation from me: Ãœber Youthâ„¢

Super Eye Energy Peptide-Infusion Cream it costs £13.50 if you're a BP member. I find it really good, not to greasy, soaks in quickly. I'm not sure if I will get full value out of BP though, you do need to buy a lot of products to get the most out of your membership fee!

Dempie55 Wed 08-Mar-23 16:13:52

jomo

any good hand cream ideas . hands very dry and sore .

I've tried hundreds of hand creams over the years and always come back to L'Occitane shea butter hand cream. It costs a fortune, but you don't need much and it softens instantly.

NotAGran55 Wed 08-Mar-23 16:24:05

jomo

This is the best hand cream I have found, used at night especially.

NotAGran55 Wed 08-Mar-23 16:24:30

www.boots.com/okeeffes-working-hands-jar-96g-10224416?cm_mmc=bmm-buk-google-ppc-_-PLAs_HeroCompare-_-Hand_Body-_-UK_Smart_Shopping_Skincare_Hand_Body&gbraid=0AAAAADrIajW80gmnwz99aPkCqziSnVi_u&gbraid=0AAAAADrIajW80gmnwz99aPkCqziSnVi_u&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIo8b58t7M_QIVoujtCh1U6g_QEAQYBSABEgKNIvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I forgot the link

SachaMac Wed 08-Mar-23 19:47:37

Will give the dry shampoo a try FCmy hair has a tendency to go rather limp the day after washing & I’m trying not wash it every day. With regard to eye creams I have been using All About Eyes from Clinique, I’m really pleased with it as I have tried several and many of them have a tendency to leave me with puffy eyes but so far so good with this one.

Leodis66 Wed 08-Mar-23 19:53:09

The best hand cream I have ever used is Elizabeth Arden 8hr cream. They also do a lip balm which is very good too.

Nancat Wed 08-Mar-23 19:55:49

Jomo

Infinate Aloe is wonderful. It is expensive, but an 8oz pot lasted me for about three years. It is very light and only a very small amount is needed. My hands were awful, but after about a week the first time I used it, my hands were as soft as a baby's bottom!

Shizam Wed 08-Mar-23 20:01:51

Hand cream I love is Palmers Coconut oil one. It’s difficult to find. Don’t like the cocoa chocolate one, which is easy to find. Typical!

weeducky Wed 08-Mar-23 22:42:56

Sago, I'm with you . Bamboo kitchen towels are fantastic and as you say they wash umpteen times , maybe even 80 times as you said (haven't counted smile. I use them for everything from the kitchen to the bathroom to even washing the car and always have some in my garden shed. Best thing since sliced bread!

BlueSapphire Wed 08-Mar-23 23:16:35

Boots 17 matte primer absolutely brilliant, a lovely smooth base for your foundation.. Only £3 something. DD swears by it too.

twiglet77 Wed 08-Mar-23 23:22:09

Aldi’s Lacura Rejuvelate is a brilliant moisturiser that suits my skin far better than any other brand, even at 10x the price, and I’ve tried most over the years. Their Q10 serum is excellent, and the hot cloth cleansers are easily as good as Liz Earle’s.

Aveeno creamy oil body moisturiser, it’s usually on offer somewhere at 1/3 off.

Cracked heel cream from Home Bargains works better than the well-known brand(s).

Fridayschild Thu 09-Mar-23 00:07:10

Must get to a Morrisons and try this thanks FannyC. I could do with an extra day without washing my hair.

Not sure how good it is but I’ve been using Simple Eye Cream (as liked by V3ra) for a long time. It just feels nice going on. I tried a caffeine one that was recommended on tv but although more expensive, I don’t think it’s any better! I definitely prefer the Simple one.

FannyCornforth Fri 10-Mar-23 07:06:09

Hello, I’ve just caught up with this thread. Thank you for all of your recommendations.
I will decide try the Bondi Sands one.

Regarding hand cream, I recommend LeRoche Posey (I think it’s called that) it’s similar to Neutragena , but it’s more nourishing.
But my personal favourite is Avon Cocoa Butter, like L’Occitane but actually even better.
It also smells gorgeous and is as cheap as chips.
Links to follow smile

FannyCornforth Fri 10-Mar-23 07:07:38

La Roche-Posay RochePossay Cicaplast Hand Repair Cream, 50 millilitre amzn.eu/d/3dnrIj0

FannyCornforth Fri 10-Mar-23 07:08:34

Avon Care Cocoa Butter Softening Hand Cream - Pack of 2 amzn.eu/d/fJJCYHu

Elless Sat 11-Mar-23 10:34:06

AskAlice thanks for the link, I bet Boots saw a jump in sales of this product yesterday, I popped in and got some and it is great, it's just what I've been looking for. All Simple products are currently half price but I bought it with my points which was even better 🙂

V3ra Sat 11-Mar-23 10:52:34

seadragon I buy a lot of pure oils, including argan oil, and floral waters from here:

naissance.com/

Millieangel Sun 12-Mar-23 23:25:16

O'Keefe's Working Hands is the best hand cream I've ever used, especially for dry, sore hands. Their foot cream is fantastic too.

Millieangel Sun 12-Mar-23 23:31:20

Loreal Professional Mythic Oil makes my hair glow. I've used this for years and my hair is in beautiful condition, just like silk. Everyone I've recommended it to thinks it's fabulous too.

Shinamae Sun 12-Mar-23 23:45:22

Millieangel

Loreal Professional Mythic Oil makes my hair glow. I've used this for years and my hair is in beautiful condition, just like silk. Everyone I've recommended it to thinks it's fabulous too.

On your recommendation, I have just ordered this from Amazon…🤓

BlueBalou Mon 13-Mar-23 07:08:36

jomo

Atrixo, cheap and very effective.

Redhead56 Mon 13-Mar-23 10:34:18

I second O’Keefe’s hand cream it’s excellent not a beauty product but does the job.

AskAlice Tue 21-Mar-23 17:59:20

Just saw your post Elless. So pleased you're happy with it. It lasts ages too as you only need three drops. So much nicer than slathering what feels like lardy gloop on your face to protect it from the sun!

Spread the word (and no, I'm not on commission!!)

AskAlice Tue 21-Mar-23 18:24:36

Can anyone recommend an eye cream for eye-bags? My eyes aren't too wrinkly at the moment (I'm 65) but I am developing bags, and they look awful!

Cheeseplantmad Wed 22-Mar-23 09:28:50

I love E.L.F blush stick from Amazon ( £5) , it can be used as “all in one “ for eyeshadow, blush & lipstick . It’s handy to keep in handbag and little goes a long way