Gransnet forums

Technology

I-Pad or Notebook

(54 Posts)
Rosiebee Fri 26-Aug-11 14:59:32

We're going to America in January for a month, travelling around and we want to keep in touch with family through emails and photographs. We're considering buying an i-pad or possibly a notebook to take with us. We only need a basic machine - not interested in playing games or editing videos etc. We've looked at reviews of notebooks online but to be honest I don't really understand all the specifications they talk about. Has anyone any recommendations?
Thanks, Rosie.

MaggieP Tue 20-Sep-11 19:44:51

In addition. I looked on the Apple store and there seem to be lots of free Angry Birds to download, so advice please from the expert ones already playing! Do I need a lesson to know how to play??

Annobel Tue 20-Sep-11 20:32:23

MaggieP, my 3 and 6 year old GSs taught me to play it. Just use the catapult...grin

shysal Tue 20-Sep-11 21:44:39

I think the reason I like Angry Birds is that I could work out how to play the one I downloaded. It has a catapult to fire the birds at head-shaped targets. It also gives hints on the way different birds behave when you touch the screen while they are in flight.
Other games I downloaded give no instructions and I just can't work out what to do. I expect the grandchildren will help me sometime.