Gransnet forums

Technology

Kindle 'highlights'- what?

(8 Posts)
Grannyknot Sun 29-Jul-12 16:55:53

Ah, thanks fo r that.I just didn't get it before. My natural curiosity will now have me reading the highlights ... But sometimes there are LOTS. I must reading interesting books grin.

gracesmum Sat 28-Jul-12 22:31:47

I have wondered about those but didn't ever dare look in case I did something to erase the book I was reading!

jack Sat 28-Jul-12 19:13:56

The highlights are funny/peculiar. I don't mind them if they really do highlight a particularly "meaningful" or insightful passage but too many reading interruptions would drive me mad. Luckily there aren't too many - yet!

JO4 Sat 28-Jul-12 19:09:26

Yes, I do too glamma. They often seem to be "words of wisdom" which people relate to their own lives.

glammanana Sat 28-Jul-12 19:05:20

I love reading the highlights.smileeach to their own

JO4 Sat 28-Jul-12 19:01:40

Go to Menu from Home screen....Settings....Popular highlights. Click to turn them off.

JO4 Sat 28-Jul-12 18:53:58

It's where other people have highlighted a particular passage. Can be quite interesting. grin

You can switch them off.

Grannyknot Sat 28-Jul-12 18:45:17

Hi friendly Gransnet technical elves smile ...when I read a freshly downloaded book on my (brand new Kindle) - it sometimes comes up with e.g. '19 highlights' and then asks me whether I want to 'see highlights'. What's that all about? It makes me feel as if someone has already read the book and made notes in the margins! Surely there shouldn't be any unless I highlight something?