Gransnet forums

Technology

Best free programme for your photographs?

(12 Posts)
EEJit Thu 30-Aug-12 15:24:40

If you just want to edit photo's, you can use the Gimp

www.gimp.org/

mrsmopp Sun 26-Aug-12 23:41:44

thanks, I will take a look at paint net too, cheers!

specki4eyes Sat 25-Aug-12 22:16:49

I signed up for Photobucket but it took ages to upload two photos! will have a look at getpaint.net thanks

yogagran Tue 21-Aug-12 18:46:23

Just to clarify Mishap's post - its:

www.getpaint.net/

yogagran Tue 21-Aug-12 18:36:44

I was getting frustrated with Picasa too - thought it was just me, feel happier now smile

Mishap Tue 21-Aug-12 15:32:25

Try Paint.net. It is virtually the same as Adobe Photoshop, only it can be downloaded free instead of paying hundreds of £££. It has almost all the tools that Photoshop has and the interface is virtually identical.

Ariadne Tue 21-Aug-12 11:07:08

Thanks for that, Specki - I thought it was just me having issues with Picasa. It certainly isn't as simple as it used to be, though it is useful for sending links to friends. Jus takes longer to remember what to do next. Ah! Maybe it IS me! smile

specki4eyes Tue 21-Aug-12 11:03:11

Picasa was great a couple of years ago, but as ever, it has been refined and fiddled with to such an extent that it has become so frustrating and unfathomable (just as Word was). The Picasa forum is huge with so many people posting their frustrations. I'm glad to hear about Photobucket - will give it a try.

tanith Tue 21-Aug-12 07:56:23

I use Photobucket as well as Facebook, in Photobucket you can do any kind of editing , create albums and slideshows with links also videos and then share them with only those you want to.. I've found it easy and quick to use.

NfkDumpling Tue 21-Aug-12 07:10:47

I use Picassa and Facebook too (friends only). I also use an iPad a lot now which doesn't allow me to post to FB. I've downloaded a free app (trendyful) but I'm not too sure about how secure it is.

Greatnan Tue 21-Aug-12 06:35:54

My photos are only visible to my Facebook friends. I use Picasa as a back up store.

mrsmopp Tue 21-Aug-12 00:12:44

Hello I have loads of photos on my laptop - what is the best way to edit them - sharpen colours, crop them, sort out red eye, etc and also how do you share them with family and friends? At the moment I just email them a few at a time.
I dont want all my pics online for everyone to see but is there a way I can show (more than just a few) to people?