Gransnet forums

Technology

blooming phone!

(32 Posts)
Zengran Fri 16-Nov-12 16:36:02

Oh, dear. I decided to join the 21st. century and get a new phone. My very old Nokia 3310 has been a good friend, but it's time it went. I have purchased an android phone with wifi etc etc. i have taken it out of it's box, looked at its shiny newness and opened the manual (because that is how I do things). Okay, put in the sim card. Okay. Do I flip the silver bit up or slide the sim in? I am terrified of breaking the blooming thing!! Okay, slides in. Done. Put in battery and put on to charge. Battery in. How do I open the thingy where the charger goes? Oh goodness. Again, terrified of snapping the bit off by doing it wrong!!! Snap off husband's head instead when he offers to help. eventually sort it and phone is now charging.
What am I going to be like when I actually switch the damn thing on!!!
Isn't it awful when you are so afraid of technology!

Anne58 Sat 17-Nov-12 21:11:16

Apps! Sodding Apps! Don't even MENTION SODDING BUGGERING APPS! At this moment in time, I would be overjoyed to the point of a near orgasm just to get an EFFING SIGNAL!

Or perhaps a call from Orange Customer Service, if indeed such a departments does exist, and is not just a product of my febrile imagination.

Perhaps on second thoughts, that might not be such a good idea, as I cannot give any assurance that I would be responsible for my actions, even though, in my normal/usual state, I am fully appreciative of the fact that the unfortunate member of staff who happens to be on the other end of the telephone is usually not personally responsible for the problem in question.

However, they have actually applied for, and been offered a job by the company in question, and have chosen to take the position, so don't pin on the Deputy's Star if you can't get on the horse. OK, you might not get on the horse, but at least expect to be asked to get your shovel out and move some shit

And breathe............................

numberplease Wed 09-Jan-13 16:28:25

Not a mobile, but we got a new landline phone yesterday, and as with every new phone we get, I`ve been struggling again. It took ages this morning to get all the numbers put in there. OOOOOOH, I want a REAL TELEPHONE, one with a round dial, and numbered 1 to 0, that just makes and receives calls, pleeeeeease! Me and technology have yet to strike up an acquaintance!

JessM Wed 09-Jan-13 16:55:08

Yes all those buttons number drives me wild.
I had a weird one with BT. They keep ringing me, thinking they are ringing the house 2 doors down to sort out their broadband. Are you Mrs African name - no I am not? I am Mrs M the account holder in number 56, Mrs Africanname lives in 52. Have you got an order in for broadband. No i had it installed last year. Is your phone number 123456 no - its the number you are calling me on now! Please can you sort this out! I am getting bored of these conversations now. Including the one where they engineer was sitting outside convinced that I should let him in to do my broadband...

crimson Wed 09-Jan-13 17:17:01

I've got one of those, number smile; rented it for years off BT then they somehow forgot it was here [don't anyone dare tell them]. It doesn't work properly since my switch to Talk talk but it does take incoming calls. It's red and it's a got a dial with numbers and an old fashioned ring tone. I love it!

Anne58 Wed 09-Jan-13 20:28:55

My word, I was in full ranty mode up there ^^ wasn't I! blush

numberplease Wed 09-Jan-13 22:11:18

Crimson, you`d better put a guard on that phone, cos I`m coming to nick it!