Gransnet forums

Technology

If you had no internet...

(32 Posts)
grannyactivist Sat 01-Oct-16 13:53:41

.....what would you miss most?
We've had internet problems for a few days so I couldn't get online. Fortunately I've been very busy with work so it wasn't too much of a disaster, but I realised how dependent I've become. In addition to the obvious: email, Gransnet, FB, news, iPlayer catch up etc. I book travel, check maps, make purchases, read my local newspaper, book GP/health centre visits and do my banking - all online. It was only three days or so, but I really have felt cut-off.

The Wonderful Man has finally tracked down and fixed the problem so I have just booked a trip to NZ to visit our granddaughter on her 2nd birthday!! Yippee!

Now to see what's been going on in the world whilst I've been away from my source of knowledge. smile

Ana Sat 01-Oct-16 21:26:57

Oh, just transferred to 'mobile site' and all is clear! grin

Tizliz Sat 01-Oct-16 21:34:13

iPad gives me loads of icons forget others can't always see them

kittylester Sun 02-Oct-16 07:48:07

I am not without the Internet but my laptop is out of action and I'm totally at sea. I have my phone and hudl but find my laptop easier for general admin (and buying!) things.

I also have some modules of my training to do and find those really difficult on a smaller screen.

Luckily we have a 'comouter man' in the village and he is getting me a new hard drive! confused

grannyactivist Sun 02-Oct-16 12:50:49

Simon's Cat roses?

Cath9 Mon 10-Oct-16 10:34:11

Not being able to communicate with my son in NZ

Charleygirl Mon 10-Oct-16 12:18:33

I would miss on line banking desperately but there would also be more money in my bank account having just ordered 2 items from John Lewis and I am lucky to have a very local Waitrose for click and collect.

If no internet access I would not be spending the amount of time that I do on this machine. I would be out and about and no doubt I would save electricity as I do not have a laptop, ipad etc.