Gransnet forums

Technology

Has anyone a view on buying an iPhone 6 or 7?

(31 Posts)
Lovetopaint037 Mon 07-May-18 17:12:21

I have an iPad and a Mac so thinking of buying an iPhone to replace my very basic Dora. My daughter says the 6 is best and more robust. She says that my grandson has had trouble with his 7 but he has history of bad luck with his Mac and phones. She is also recommending getting a contract which I do not want and looking at them they are usually only 32 gbs. I want 128 gbs as I want to take more photos and I already have a great deal plus music etc. I have used thirty gbs up on my iPad so do not want to be operating on a knife edge. I also pay extra for storage. Can you advice on the way I should go? Would be grateful.

HootyMcOwlface Tue 08-May-18 14:22:02

i have been looking at iPads on wowcher and groupon, off and on, as I'd really like one but haven't taken the plunge yet. They often have a variety of iPhones on there too - might be worth a look?

Nanny41 Tue 08-May-18 14:35:59

I have had an I -
Phone 6 for three years I love I use it a lot havent had any problems if any problem pops up I have my Son nearby to help out. I want my I-Phone 6 to last for ever!

Madmartha Tue 08-May-18 15:32:27

I bought an iPhone 8Plus last week from John Lewis and was given an extra year’s guarantee with it (3yrs total). It’s the larger size, the screen is quite big and perfect to grip too.

I had a Vodafone contract with my first mobile years ago, lost the phone but I still had to pay the outstanding year’s payments even though I had no phone. Never had once
since, have an EE SIM card and do £10 a month pay-as-you-go. All my 000s of photos are in the cloud and appear on my phone, iPad & laptop and I pay just 79p p/m for extra storage.

grandtanteJE65 Tue 08-May-18 16:51:53

I love my Iphone 6 which I bought used from a shop I have often bought phones from before.

I download photos from my phone, using the flex for recharging the phone battery, directly to a USB port on my laptop, as I find this easier than uploading to a sky-drive.

Lovetopaint037 Wed 09-May-18 07:35:51

I have been looking at cases/folio cases to fit the iPhone 7+ but have across complaints of muffled sound during calls. I started looking at the Torro wallet type as I wanted protection for the screen and I love my iPad Torro. However, even they have issues which they suggest is to do with the microphone collecting moisture or people folding back the cover! Then I came across other sites suggesting that Apple have problem with it on the 7. Yet on here there seems to be people who are very happy with their 7s. I am wondering what they use for protection of their valuable purchase.