Gransnet forums

Travel

sewing on a plane

(27 Posts)
Rosiebee Wed 13-Feb-13 17:06:50

Hopefully we'll be off to Hong Kong soon. It's such a long flight that I'd really appreciate being to pass a few hours doing some cross stitch. We're doing BA to Heathrow from Manchester and then Virgin to Hong Kong. Can't find anything on either airlines' websites to indicate if I could take a small sewing needle on. Virgin seem to allow small scissors. I've emailed BA but don't know if I'll hear anything back. I can understand not taking knitting needles but would appreciate anyone's experience of sewing on board or I'd be happy to take my crochet hook with me.
Thanks hmm

Stansgran Sat 04-May-13 08:48:16

It's all highly inconsistent. A small bottle of contact lens fluid was flagged up and given the full security works at Heathrow totally ignoring all my pills and potions in my handbag.milan I strolled through but my husband had belt off and pockets emptied. Why do newcastle airport and Manchester charge £ 1 for a plastic ball with two little plastic bags in them and at Heathrow there are heaps of them free? A rip off I hear you say.