Gransnet forums

Travel

Hotel bedroom slippers

(33 Posts)
Stansgran Thu 13-Feb-14 10:58:00

Does anyone know if these are washed and reused like the bathrobe or are they chucked out?

MiceElf Sun 18-May-14 07:50:45

Many years ago we stayed at the Pera Palace Hotel (of Murder on the Orient Express fame). There were bath robes that would have drowned a six footer and the bath had sides that were so high HymnsElf had to lift me in and out. No slippers though.

Nelliemoser Sun 18-May-14 08:33:23

I would assume anything washable will be done along with the hotel laundry.

lisianthus Fri 20-Jun-14 19:15:01

I recently bought a nice big cotton towelling dressing gown and the company also sold the famous "hotel" slippers...I think they were about £1.50 a pair..I bought some because as a person who finds drying feet difficult due to arthritis...they are really useful...out of the shower, on with the slippers and feet dry themselves!

rosequartz Fri 20-Jun-14 20:37:14

Just stayed somewhere that provided dressing gowns and slippers. The dressing gowns were obviously washed and re-used; we could buy them from reception if we wanted to. The slippers were new in a pack, surely not recyclable so we brought them home.

Agus Fri 20-Jun-14 20:50:33

They are disposable. I occasionally bring a pair home..very handy for any visitors staying.

annodomini Fri 20-Jun-14 21:49:53

I'd have thought those flimsy slippers wouldn't survive a wash in the machine!

rosequartz Sun 22-Jun-14 21:55:05

I brought them home but they will probably end up in the bin! Now, how to recycle them?