I'm laughing at all your responses to the lovely and loveable Derek!
I can pack to go away in about 20 minutes these days, although shoes are my weak spot. Will it be wet/dry, will we be walking/staying inside/at the beach etc?
It does depend on laundry facilities but I generally pack two tops to each pair of bottoms. For hotter climes, I have three pairs of linen trousers, red, navy and black, and have tops that will go with each of those colours so I can mix and match.
When the weather is uncertain, I pack lightweight fleece and M&S thermal tops, (which take up almost no room) so I can layer my clothing and don't need to take thick, heavy jumpers.
A tip given to me by another traveller was to take your oldest knickers and throw them away as you go. Although don't do as I did. The day before going on my first Caribbean holiday, I wore my oldest underwear. I didn't get knocked down by a bus but I did fall and break my leg and had to have my tatty, grey knickers cut off by the hospital staff. Oh, the shame! 