Gransnet forums

Travel

Xmas holiday dilemma

(33 Posts)
ananimous Wed 11-Dec-19 23:30:07

Should I say something?...
Every year we meet up for a ski-ing holiday with a dozen friends. I'm hosting this year's - and it's a bit awkward, as my best friend- we'll call her: "A" and hubby's best friend: "B" split 2 years ago, and though they are both going with new partners. I know B is still burning a torch for my bestie, and she's not quite over him either, but my hubby says she'll keep her distance, and anyway B's met someone special now, and when B talks of A it's - "She's got an icy soul" and "she tore him apart, never again!" But last year's meet-up was a nightmare. He was all brooding glances at her when we were setting up the decs, and she had worn a piece of past jewelry he'd given her, and kept drawing attention to it all night, giving him longing looks, and him her - then with them both having jealous glances whipping back and forth between them as we prepared the decs, and over the xmas dinner. We all could not help but notice!
I was wondering if it might be a good idea to have a word with one or both of them before going?

MissAdventure Mon 23-Dec-19 23:01:43

... shakes head sadly and whispers "She's losing it, you know"...

Just joking. I never saw the thread but I've been working and --buying ridiculous amounts of food--shopping today.

Maggiemaybe Mon 23-Dec-19 23:32:01

Phew! I've just switched my Kindle on to find my bedtime reading and there's GN still open from this morning with the post I reported. How weird it just disappearing. I've taken out the name of Henry's website to protect us GNers from ourselves. grin

Today 09:41 HenryKelly

Oh, man, you should just stay away from all this drama. Play games with ....................-to-win-real-money/ and don't let your problems bother you. I would do that, instead of going there.

BlueBelle Tue 24-Dec-19 23:23:25

Well Barbara Cartland comes to mind here ? guess I don’t believe a word of it

ananimous Tue 24-Dec-19 23:36:23

Merry Xmas!
tchwink

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwNV7TAWN3M

ananimous Tue 24-Mar-20 21:03:47

Remember the good old days...

MawB Tue 24-Mar-20 22:15:54

Has this riveting dilemma been resolved yet?

ananimous Wed 25-Mar-20 09:56:46

Mawb - Nothing more annoying than someone who posts before reading the other posts wink