Gransnet forums

Travel

Annual Travel Insurance that will not refund

(33 Posts)
middleagespread Tue 09-Jun-20 12:43:26

Back in late February with no trips planned but with very intention of taking several short breaks we bought an annual travel insurance for Europe. It is expensive with my husbands medical conditions but absolutely necessary. However, now, of course, we are unlikely to move further than our front path for the foreseeable future and with restrictions unable and unwilling to take holidays anywhere. Staysure are unable to process my request to cancel our policy or even to extend it so that we could take advantage of it maybe next year. They have a strict cancellation policy for annual policies - no refund. Anyone else have this issue?

middleagespread Sun 14-Jun-20 16:15:54

Dear welbeck, we took our insurance in February as we have family in France who needed our help. With the benefit of hindsight we could all have dealt with things differently I imagine. But we took our guidance from the Governments website and at that point Wuhan was a long way away. Next time we have a pandemic I will be prepared.

middleagespread Sun 14-Jun-20 16:17:23

so pleased MaryDoll it all worked out well for you. Ill bear it in mind, if I ever pluck up courage to leave the country again.

middleagespread Sun 14-Jun-20 16:19:19

I will not use them again for sure.smile

middleagespread Sun 14-Jun-20 16:21:13

Well done Daisymae. I took your advice and reported them but will now pursue them directly.

Eloethan Sun 14-Jun-20 20:00:45

For the last few years I have used Staysure but have never had to make a claim.

Perhaps I should re-think my use of this company in the future. Mind you, I don't have a lot of faith in any insurance companies.

Georgesgran Mon 15-Jun-20 10:39:41

My daughter has had (automatic renewal) continuous travel insurance for many years with Staysure as a full time wheelchair user. She has missed her April visit to NY and should be in Majorca this week. She’s had a £50 refund back from RSA, her car insurer and I know Admiral are refunding £25 per policy. I’ve heard a rumour that Tesco are going to issue their insured with store vouchers worth more.

I’ve had an unrelated call from Staysure today and there’s ‘talk’ of a discount off the next policy at renewal time. Doesn’t help those who’ve taken it as a one-off policy though.

Juno56 Wed 17-Jun-20 17:17:38

An update on my situation middleagespread, I have been notified by Coverwise that they will now offer a pro-rata refund of my policy premium smile. I hope you will have a similar result from Staysure. X