Mawthemerrier I l ike to be prepared for all emergencies. I have had several very long waits, as a lone woman, late at night, on a motorway a long way from home, waiting for a breakdown vehicle, I do not have much confidence in breakdown services.
The snow spade is the result of DD driving home late on a snowy night, not very far, central London to Stevenage and as the snow got heavier, she came very close to being snowed in at Welwyn Garden City. I saw the spades cheap in Tesco, a few days later and bought all of us one. DD even keeps a length of old carpet in her card, after another occasion when someone elses piece of carpet enabled her car to get traction in a muddy field.
I put all the placenames in to remind people that being snowed in on a motorway or dual carriageway doesn't just happen in wild and windy northern areas, but in highly populated places, with lots of houses, roads and facilities.
Another reason to not have a death penalty
Bravery of Israeli passengers on plane



