Gransnet forums

Travel

Long haul journeys

(28 Posts)
Cath9 Thu 10-Sept-26 13:55:41

Any oldies 77 and up travelling alone on long haul flights
Last year I went to visit my son in NZ. But this year what keeps putting me off is hearing from young and old,
‘I wouldn’t go that far’
I have actually been to NZ twice but the first trip was before my husband died

Momac55 Thu 17-Sept-26 12:45:37

Cazza1953

We regularly travelled to Australia where my daughter lives, but now I’ve had a knee replacement and a DVT and my husband had had a minor stroke, I’m worried about travelling so far. Just wondering also what the insurance would cost.

Join the national federation of occ pensioners NFOP and you can get annual insurance where you don’t have to declare any conditions you just have to be fit to travel. They do Europe and world wide policies . Google NFOP

nanna8 Thu 17-Sept-26 13:03:43

The worst part for me is the airport nonsense. I won’t be going to the UK again because I really don’t want to entrust my original papers , birth , marriage certs etc with the passport people and I object to paying a vast sum for a passport that has long expired ( not allowed to travel on my Australian passport ) I will, however, visit other parts of Europe and if you can afford it it is worth going business class and staying overnight en route . Singapore is good and Dubai used to be but a bit dodgy now. You could also go by cruise ship if you have enough time !