susiecb Mon 11-Jun-12 09:28:01

Maverick!

Anagram Mon 11-Jun-12 22:47:14

You think right! grin

ninathenana Mon 11-Jun-12 23:08:34

I had only known DH for about a month when he took me to see 'Clockwork Orange'

Think I must have blotted out the plot, as all I can remeber is I hated it

Joan Tue 12-Jun-12 05:16:02

A fairly recent one my son lent us called 'Cloverfield'. Utterly pointless.

And the Nicole Kidman version of Moulin Rouge. Could not finish it. Mind you. I liked the old one with ZsaZsa Gabor.

Ella46 Tue 12-Jun-12 08:51:36

Joan I love Moulin Rouge with Nicole K, I watch it often and it always makes me cry! blush
Takes all sorts smile

JessM Tue 12-Jun-12 08:57:50

If matched against budget "Australia" was pretty poor value for money!
What genre was it supposed to be? When it suddenly turned into a war movie I was muttering "Any minute now Huge Ackman is going to grow spikes all over and turn into an X man"

Ella46 Tue 12-Jun-12 09:19:24

Jess Yes I thought "Australia" was dreadful (even with Hugh J!) wink

Grannybug Tue 12-Jun-12 10:46:27

Ameliaanne I am glad I'm not alone in not making it to the end of Titanic.

crimson Tue 12-Jun-12 13:03:38

I thought the first half of Australia was great, and it should have ended there. Glad I didn't see it at the cinema. Don't really like Nicole Kidman as an actress, although she was good in The Hours.

gangy5 Tue 12-Jun-12 16:36:44

Wall-E - took the older granchildren - didn't understand any of it!!

feetlebaum Tue 12-Jun-12 16:56:42

Probably the worst would be Myra Breckinridge - Rex Reed - a critic fer goo'ness sake! - was the leading man, who somehow turned into Raquel Welch - I think. It was a real train-wreck, mis-directed by Mike Sarne.

Oddly enough I quite enjoyed it in a sadistic sort of way...

Rosiebee Tue 12-Jun-12 18:14:22

Sound of Music - should come with gov health warning.
'Can cause severe nausea'. hmm

nanaej Tue 12-Jun-12 18:32:16

Have only seen Sound Of Music as a sing along show when I was dressed as a brown paper parcel tied up with string! grin I laughed all the way through it!

merlotgran Tue 12-Jun-12 19:01:40

Brilliant idea nanaej. I've always wanted to go to that.

Annobel Tue 12-Jun-12 19:05:22

I'd love to see a brown paper parcel laughing. I think I might have seen Sound of Music once on TV but that was quite enough thank you.

nanaej Tue 12-Jun-12 19:11:34

It was a staff end of term outing: several nuns, a Maria, some hills (!), kittens etc! But I met a colleague from another school that night..also dressed as a brown paper parcel.. but she had arrived at Richmond Theatre dressed like that the week before the show was on!

crimson Tue 12-Jun-12 19:41:36

I was once invited to a Dandy and Beano party, but it was on the same day as our village carnival and I couldn't be bothered to make two costumes, so I went to the party dressed as Mr Grumpy in a large blue cardboard box. I'll never forget ringing the doorbell, only to be greeted with 'sorry, wrong party' and the door closing, before they opened it again and let me in. It was the best party I've ever been to; being quite a shy and reserved person usually, the anonymity of being in a box released my flamboyant side, and I danced my way through the night. Not sure how I managed though, as I seem to remember forgetting to put eye holes in it confused.

nanaej Tue 12-Jun-12 19:50:48

crimson grin

Irene114 Wed 13-Jun-12 15:26:09

I saw that film. What was it about?

Irene114 Wed 13-Jun-12 15:31:11

The previous message 'What was it about? ' was referring to lost in Translation.
I thought my comment would have been tagged to original comment on Lost in Translation other wise it does not make sense.

absentgrana Wed 13-Jun-12 15:40:46

Hi Irene114 and welcome if you're new to Gransnet. Postings just appear in chronological order. Sometimes, when a topic is very controversial or fascinating, it's quite hard to keep track as the postings come thick and fast (not that Gransnetters are ever thick and, apart from Nelliedeane when faced with a man in uniform, they're not fast either).

Anagram Wed 13-Jun-12 15:44:04

Speak for yourself, absent! grin
Welcome, Irene smile

Annobel Wed 13-Jun-12 16:06:20

Hi, Irene114. Everything seems to be getting lost - maybe not in translation exactly! [cofused]

HildaW Wed 13-Jun-12 16:35:26

Have never seen Titanic.............am I the only one?

crimson Wed 13-Jun-12 16:52:52

No; just one of the lucky ones grin....

Annobel Wed 13-Jun-12 17:31:03

I think I saw a bit of it on TV once and had no desire to see the whole thing.