Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

What's the worst film you ever saw.

(85 Posts)
susiecb Mon 11-Jun-12 09:28:01

Maverick!

annodomini Fri 14-Dec-12 19:33:30

Mama Mia is fun and doesn't claim to be anything else. That's why I like it so much - that and Colin Firth of course.

Wheniwasyourage Fri 14-Dec-12 19:37:48

Rosemary's Baby. The Way We Were - we saw it on the 2nd night of our honeymoon, expecting it to be as good a What's Up, Doc?, which we both love (still) but it was so depressing.

Ana Fri 14-Dec-12 20:13:17

Fancy you remembering that, BAnanas (about The Royal Tenenbaums, I mean) - I'd forgotten I'd said how dire I thought it!

BAnanas Fri 14-Dec-12 20:29:34

Actually Ana, can't say I remembered, I was just scanning through the thread to see what others had nominated as their particular hates to see if I agreed with anyone.

Ana Fri 14-Dec-12 20:38:29

wink

Deedaa Fri 14-Dec-12 22:08:12

One of my all time lows was Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (or was it the other way round?) I sat through it all because I was with a friend, but I'd lost the will to live after the first fifteen minutes.

I'm sorry to disagree with so many people but I loved Mama Mia. I wasn't expecting much and when we found the cinema was crammed with a mix of middle aged ladies and school girls I was a bit dubious. But it was great! Everyone was singing along, the schoolgirls were all getting up and dancing and we all left the cinema grinning like idiots smile

Grannyeggs Fri 14-Dec-12 22:30:14

Oh Deedaa mine too, luckily I could walk out of it. Love Mamma Mia, but loathed the last Sex and the City

artygran Fri 14-Dec-12 22:33:49

Alexander the Great, with a shockingly wooden and completely miscast Colin Farrell, and his army of Macedonians with thick Irish accents! They should have been ashamed to let it out of the cutting room.

annodomini Fri 14-Dec-12 22:40:53

Bridget Jones, The Edge of Reason. The theme had gone dry second time round.