Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

What television programmes do you like watching with your grandchildren?

(31 Posts)
Mamie Thu 20-Sep-12 08:00:25

With the little ones we love; In the Night Garden, The Little Princess, Charlie and Lola, Baby Jake (favourite of our grandaughter in Spain) and Wonderpets (love the operatic music). With the older ones we like Tracy Beaker (in small doses) and we all love Horrible Histories.
What do other grandparents enjoy?

feetlebaum Fri 14-Dec-12 12:33:35

I don't have any grandchildren, but I sometimes enjoy a punt through the kiddy channels, to see what is being done well... Shaun the Sheep is magnificent! I also liked Pocoyo, The Back Yardigans and Lazytown.

The cartoon shows Ren & Stimpy (1st season only) and Cow & Chicken should appeal to nippers at the 'gross' stage (and the voice work of Charley Adler is amazing).

annodomini Fri 14-Dec-12 13:39:12

Mine are at the stage of enjoying Horrible Histories and Deadly 60. The former is hilarious and the latter informative. I'm with the kids on these.

Deedaa Fri 14-Dec-12 23:02:39

Anything with Justin Fletcher was always good, In The Nightgarden and Show Me Show me. Now he's older he like Spongebob Squarepants but I prefer Kungfu Panda grin

CHEELU Fri 14-Dec-12 23:07:22

My Grandson likes watching ME TOO its about a Kind Scotish Childminder. But I am with you Deedaa Justin Fletcher is brilliant.

Deedaa Sat 15-Dec-12 22:19:43

I'd forgotten Me Too - we used to find it fun but I always wondered why Granny appeared to be about 25?As GS thought all grown ups were about 90 I don't suppose he cared .