Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Marcus waring

(14 Posts)
petra Fri 26-Apr-13 18:34:04

Did anyone watch MC last night. I have always disliked Marcus Waring, but last night he excelled himself with his nastiness.
Was there really any need to reduce someone to tears. The pore man, I wanted to put my arms round him and tell M W exactly what I thought of him. Thank God Greg stepped in and showed some empathy.

vegasmags Fri 26-Apr-13 19:45:12

Yes, I also thought Marcus Waring was an absolute prat. I have to say I have never been a fan of his since I followed to the letter his recipe for Turkish delight cheesecake and it turned out to be disgusting. I found myself shouting at the TV: Yes, that's right, go on, make him cry, you who can't even make a decent cheescake! Good job, I think sometimes, that I live alone smile

gracesmum Fri 26-Apr-13 19:49:35

I was very sorry for Dale, but his dishes were a bit of a train crash and the other chap's equally disastrous. I didn't think Wareing was particularly rude and he was full of praise for the 2 girls. As they say "If you can't take the heat...."

annodomini Fri 26-Apr-13 20:21:29

I am sure they had given him a brief to be blunt - and he was.

merlotgran Fri 26-Apr-13 20:31:40

I think Dale and Larkin's food was awful. They'd better pull their socks up tonight. shock

vegasmags Fri 26-Apr-13 20:43:23

Really glad that Jay Rayner is on the critics panel tonight. He's so brilliant - I follow him on Twitter and he's always witty and amusing. I like that he is fundamentally greedy and unashamed to admit it.

sunseeker Sat 27-Apr-13 11:54:18

I have absolutely no idea who Marcus Waring is ! grin

shysal Sat 27-Apr-13 12:41:09

www.marcus-wareing.com/home
I don't think he has a sense of humour, I have never seen even a hint of it. Obviously he was brought in to live up to his reputation, but I thought he was far too harsh. He is so full of his own importance!

annodomini Sat 27-Apr-13 13:43:44

I was disappointed that Saira fell apart in last night's episode. Dale must have benefited from the Marcus Wareing bollocking.

Nelliemoser Sat 27-Apr-13 13:58:54

I agree Marcus Waring should not have been that nasty. Yes he was right the food was not acceptable but to be so rude and destructive when criticising someone efforts is unhelpful. The other two manage to be objective and critical when it is needed but they are not rude and destructive to the person concerned.
A lot of people have had their confidence and morale about any learning put off for good by teachers behaving as negatively as that. Nastyman!

merlotgran Thu 02-May-13 22:00:00

HURRAH!! The lovely Natalie was a most deserving winner.

shysal Thu 02-May-13 22:09:33

Bother! I spotted the last post, and I haven't watched the final programme yet! I wanted Natalie to win, so well done her.

MrsJamJam Fri 03-May-13 07:46:46

I was on the edge of my seat. so much wanted Natalie to win, but the two chaps did so much better than usual, especially Larkin, and with Natalie being the last to present her food it made for an exciting programme.

MrsJamJam Fri 03-May-13 07:47:06

I was on the edge of my seat. so much wanted Natalie to win, but the two chaps did so much better than usual, especially Larkin, and with Natalie being the last to present her food it made for an exciting programme.