Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Who should replace Susanna Reid?

(83 Posts)
kittylester Thu 20-Feb-14 13:35:08

Having read that Susanna Reid is to be offered £1m p.a. to join ITV on their morning programme, DH and I were watching Naga Munchetty (sp??) and decided that we hoped she wouldn't be her replacement!

I've posted before about one of the things we enjoy about being semi-retired is the nice slow start in the mornings, watching Breakfast with a few cups of tea.

We were sorry to lose Sian Lloyd and didn't really like Susanna but prefer her to Naga.

Who would you like to see first thing in the morning? Assuming that's how you start your days?

Lona Sun 23-Mar-14 23:21:57

@Ana Senior moment! Have some respect for your elders! grin

numberplease Sun 23-Mar-14 22:00:50

I used to watch Breakfast every morning, Monday to Friday in the days when I was minding littlest grandson, but now he`s at school I stay in bed longer, so don`t see it anymore. However, when I did, my favourite combination was Bill and Sian. Louise Minchin got on my pip! Loved Carol with the weather, especially outdoors in winter in her lovely scarves and hats.

Deedaa Sun 23-Mar-14 22:00:30

Yep! Stephanie's the one I meant. I don't worry about being marooned with any of these people judidoo my saying is always "Would you let this person into your house? The answer is usually "No!" and includes the vast majority of politicians as well grin

MiceElf Sun 23-Mar-14 09:12:44

I watch it for twenty minutes or so to get Carol's weather forecast. She's lovely. Always cheerful, brightens the day even if it's raining.

And I think Stephanie McGovern is the woman to do it. Her voice with its sound of the North East is very attractive and she comes across as a no nonsense sensible lass. So many of the others are very similar to each other and they blend into one. And although Bill Turnbull is very competent, he's yet another Etonian - we do need balance.

Gally Sun 23-Mar-14 09:10:36

See 20 Feb : 17.31. I was there first grin wink

I think Louise Minchin should go - think I mentioned it before. I saw her last week and it was just painful. I only watch Breakfast from my bed if I wake up early and can only stomach it for half an hour after which most things are repeated. Mostly listen to Radio 4.

judidoo Sun 23-Mar-14 09:04:46

Just realised I meant Sian Williams,too.

I don,t like when newsreader /presenters go giggly,and seem proud of their ignorance on some subjects, - often animals, the countryside, and anything outside city life.

A favourite saying of my husband's was, "Iwouldn't want to be marooned on a desert island with her/him".

I wonder who would be picked for this honour if we all had to choose? Lots of different people I imagine........

kittylester Sun 23-Mar-14 08:56:53

Agreed - Steph McGovern, I think!

ninathenana Sun 23-Mar-14 08:48:26

Agreed Deedaa her name is Steph I think.

Deedaa Sat 22-Mar-14 20:28:22

I don't have any problem with Naga, she seems perfectly pleasant and intelligent too. I thought the girl who usually does the business news came over quite well this morning.

Ana Sat 22-Mar-14 20:13:40

Didn't know you lived that far north, Lona! grin

Lona Sat 22-Mar-14 20:11:48

Me neither. I watch Skye news usually.

Ana Sat 22-Mar-14 19:34:36

I have never watched the Breakfast programme.

gettingonabit Sat 22-Mar-14 19:23:19

Another vote for Naga here.

I'd be interested to know how many watch the Breakfast programme now?

Most people listen to Radio 4, in my experience.

absent Sat 22-Mar-14 19:12:45

Why does it take two people to take turns to read the news? Not replacing her would free up [quite a lot of] money that could be used for something interesting.

ninathenana Sat 22-Mar-14 18:59:57

I've never noticed Naga doing any of the things people have commented on but she leaves me indifferent.
I have always liked the combination of Bill and Louise.

I used to like The One Show but lately it's cringe making.

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 22-Mar-14 18:35:21

I've never heard of her either. But I'm sure she would do.

annodomini Sat 22-Mar-14 17:52:23

Naga spends a lot of time playing golf. She won Celeb Mastermind by answering questions on the Ryder Cup and an impressive range of general knowledge. She is anything but an airhead.

merlotgran Sat 22-Mar-14 17:42:47

Sorry, I've never heard of her.

papaoscar Sat 22-Mar-14 17:39:20

All in favour of Naga. Please show. Aye!

judidoo Sat 22-Mar-14 17:10:33

Am I the only one who quite likes Naga? Poor woman, I hope she doesn't read all these dislikes. Don't mind all the others, but I do miss Sian Lloyd.They've all got a few annoying habits!

KatyK Sun 23-Feb-14 16:24:09

I'm with you Tegan. I have done a few 'bits' on radio and I could have done with tranquilisers!

kittylester Sun 23-Feb-14 14:30:43

I don't like her either! grin

gettingonabit Sun 23-Feb-14 12:29:38

Jo Coburn! Regions may have different presenters, but I'm fairly sure she's the one I mean.

gettingonabit Sun 23-Feb-14 12:26:44

Glad it's not just me liking her! What's her bl...ing name though? I'm off to Google her.

Deedaa Sun 23-Feb-14 12:19:28

I think she may be the one l was talking about.