Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Who should replace Susanna Reid?

(83 Posts)
kittylester Thu 20-Feb-14 13:35:08

Having read that Susanna Reid is to be offered £1m p.a. to join ITV on their morning programme, DH and I were watching Naga Munchetty (sp??) and decided that we hoped she wouldn't be her replacement!

I've posted before about one of the things we enjoy about being semi-retired is the nice slow start in the mornings, watching Breakfast with a few cups of tea.

We were sorry to lose Sian Lloyd and didn't really like Susanna but prefer her to Naga.

Who would you like to see first thing in the morning? Assuming that's how you start your days?

kittylester Sun 23-Mar-14 08:56:53

Agreed - Steph McGovern, I think!

judidoo Sun 23-Mar-14 09:04:46

Just realised I meant Sian Williams,too.

I don,t like when newsreader /presenters go giggly,and seem proud of their ignorance on some subjects, - often animals, the countryside, and anything outside city life.

A favourite saying of my husband's was, "Iwouldn't want to be marooned on a desert island with her/him".

I wonder who would be picked for this honour if we all had to choose? Lots of different people I imagine........

Gally Sun 23-Mar-14 09:10:36

See 20 Feb : 17.31. I was there first grin wink

I think Louise Minchin should go - think I mentioned it before. I saw her last week and it was just painful. I only watch Breakfast from my bed if I wake up early and can only stomach it for half an hour after which most things are repeated. Mostly listen to Radio 4.

MiceElf Sun 23-Mar-14 09:12:44

I watch it for twenty minutes or so to get Carol's weather forecast. She's lovely. Always cheerful, brightens the day even if it's raining.

And I think Stephanie McGovern is the woman to do it. Her voice with its sound of the North East is very attractive and she comes across as a no nonsense sensible lass. So many of the others are very similar to each other and they blend into one. And although Bill Turnbull is very competent, he's yet another Etonian - we do need balance.

Deedaa Sun 23-Mar-14 22:00:30

Yep! Stephanie's the one I meant. I don't worry about being marooned with any of these people judidoo my saying is always "Would you let this person into your house? The answer is usually "No!" and includes the vast majority of politicians as well grin

numberplease Sun 23-Mar-14 22:00:50

I used to watch Breakfast every morning, Monday to Friday in the days when I was minding littlest grandson, but now he`s at school I stay in bed longer, so don`t see it anymore. However, when I did, my favourite combination was Bill and Sian. Louise Minchin got on my pip! Loved Carol with the weather, especially outdoors in winter in her lovely scarves and hats.

Lona Sun 23-Mar-14 23:21:57

@Ana Senior moment! Have some respect for your elders! grin