Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Ballot Monkeys

(43 Posts)
Teetime Thu 23-Apr-15 09:57:43

Has anyone seen this yet - the first one was this week? A satirical take on what might be happening on the various par battle wagons. It seems to have quite an impressive cast of comedians and comedy actors. I enjoyed it - a nice antidote to all this election coverage.

Tegan Tue 05-May-15 11:30:39

...I wonder if the programme will sway the floating voters in any way; the LibDems are so sweet I want to vote for them to cheer them up a bit.

Tegan Tue 05-May-15 11:29:31

The writers must have been over the moon when Ed appeared with his 'tombstone' idea..seeing the American lady in the show makes me realise how that could have come about ie fiction meets reality [I bet whoever thought it up had a gonk as well grin]. Can't wait for tonights episode!

rosesarered Tue 05-May-15 11:09:39

Hilarious last night! Another tonight and then the last one on Wed.

Eloethan Tue 05-May-15 08:08:36

I think it's clever and funny too but I keep forgetting to watch it.

POGS Mon 04-May-15 23:54:56

I am really enjoying Ballot Monkeys too.

I like the blonde UKIP woman spokesperson who keeps dropping them in it.

They had 3 of them on BBC's The One Show and they look as though they are all having a right laugh on and off screen. They have to learn their lines and practically go straight into filming as it obviously has current news content to take the mick.

I really like the impartial piddle take too. Andy Hamilton is a funny writer and I like him on progs such as Have I Got News.

Ana Mon 04-May-15 23:18:10

Just checked, the last one's on Wednesday. I love the way they're up to date with the day's news - it's really cleverly done.

Tegan Mon 04-May-15 23:14:07

Will there be one every night, d'y'think? Tonights was brilliant.

Ana Mon 04-May-15 23:02:34

Very funny tonight, I thought. I was assuming it was the last of the series, but there's another tomorrow night as well.

Tegan Thu 30-Apr-15 12:28:18

I gave Newzoids a miss this week but I think I'll give it one more go.

Falconbird Thu 30-Apr-15 11:50:04

Love Ballot Monkeys it's so witty and funny.

Don't mind Newzoids but constantly distracted by the puppets' hands being on sticks - it looks so wrong.

rosesarered Wed 29-Apr-15 15:06:13

Eloethan I have heard of Episodes, but not seen it ( though I may try to now.)So am still trying to think where I have seen her.I didn't realise the UKIP woman was in Miranda either!

J52 Wed 29-Apr-15 13:55:02

I watched it for the first time last night and thought it was really funny. I was a bit tired and almost believed they were the real people and not just actors.

The actors probably could do a better job!!grin
x

Teetime Wed 29-Apr-15 13:38:34

I love the American and her gonk! Also the LibDem who is so depressed he can now only meditate and then rush to the loo. Waiting for the UKIP lady (Miranda's friend) to go completely bonkers.

Eloethan Wed 29-Apr-15 12:59:12

rosesarered I think the American lady was in "Episodes" the US/UK comedy starring Stephen Mangan, Tamsin Greig and Matt le Blanc.

rosesarered Wed 29-Apr-15 11:18:15

Tegan, that is what I thought too, not so many good lines this week, but still very good.Hugh Dennis' impersonation of Boris is a hoot!
I am trying to remember what other programmes the American PR actress has been in( cupcake lady on the Labour battle bus.)She seems familiar.

Eloethan Wed 29-Apr-15 01:51:07

I saw the first Newzoids but thought it was a bit infantile and not a patch on Spitting Image. Haven't bothered to watch it again.

I watched Ballot Monkeys for the first time tonight and found it pretty even-handed and quite funny.

What I really like is the BBC spoof (can't remember the name). I'm a great fan of the BBC and this takes the mick mercilessly but I think it's very funny.

Tegan Tue 28-Apr-15 22:43:51

I didn't find it as funny as last weeks episode, but it was still good.

Ana Tue 28-Apr-15 22:31:05

Just watched this - so funny! grin

Soutra Tue 28-Apr-15 22:20:26

I am enjoying this! Cynical, moi? grin

rosesarered Tue 28-Apr-15 22:17:22

Have recorded the second episode, so am just off to watch it now, it's 15 minutes in, so I can whizz the adverts on.

Tegan Fri 24-Apr-15 21:26:24

And when they said the tour bus had been used by Tony Blair...but. it's ok it's been exorcised. I keep thinking about bits of it that make me laugh out loud smile.

Deedaa Fri 24-Apr-15 21:14:38

I loved all the panic stricken phone calls trying to keep everyone on message. (Even the politics speak is catching!)

Tegan Fri 24-Apr-15 20:46:26

I never saw that but, having seen trailers for it I figured that Ballot Monkeys was similar. Not much on tonight so I'll watch it on catchup.

Pittcity Fri 24-Apr-15 20:27:23

I love W1A. I can imagine it being near the truth.

rosesarered Fri 24-Apr-15 19:59:06

Did anyone watch W1a the other night? very funny.