Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Stender's!!

(37 Posts)
kittylester Thu 26-Nov-15 21:06:59

Someone please explain. I'm a bit poorly and didn't understand ANY of it. confused

kittylester Fri 27-Nov-15 19:32:21

Possibly!!

wotanuisanceABC123 Fri 27-Nov-15 20:32:10

I'm even more confused after this episode!

Marelli Fri 27-Nov-15 21:17:01

Nick who? Oh dear, why do I even watch it? confused!!!

Pittcity Fri 27-Nov-15 22:07:06

Nick Cotton.

ninathenana Sat 28-Nov-15 01:26:09

Nick Cotton's son Charlie is the father of Matthew, Ronnie Mitchell's boy.
DIdn't Roxy tell Dean that Ronnie killed Karl because he tried to rape her (Roxy)
Can't remember his name but the actor who plays Phil was great tonight.

Marelli Sat 28-Nov-15 06:40:42

Oh, of course - Nick Cotton!!
I agree, ninathenana, 'Phil' has been playing a great part. Really good acting.

Nelliemoser Sat 28-Nov-15 07:37:00

All of your comments are why I gave up trying to follow the totally unlikely plots years ago.
Too melodramatic, too many deaths out side the Queen Vic every Christmas.
Too many people appearing to come back from the dead.
There have been good moments but the general "totally improbable" ratings are far too high.

Alima Sat 28-Nov-15 07:59:24

I am not ready to give up yet. Find it good "veg" telly. Only been watching it for 30 years after all. There is hope, went cold turkey on Corrie years ago with no withdrawal symptoms!

ninathenana Sat 28-Nov-15 08:36:11

I used to watch them all, I think DD was born knowing the 'Neighbours' theme tune grin
Haven't watched any of the others for years.
I read occasionally in the press about Emerdale plot, and who's now partnered with who, now that is confusing!

numberplease Sat 28-Nov-15 22:53:04

I`ve not missed a single episode since it started in February 1985, and I love it, but I do think that the Kathy storyline was one that they could have done without, it just didn`t make any sense, and seemed very amateurish. It`s the only British soap that I watch.

PRINTMISS Sun 29-Nov-15 08:07:30

Like you number it is the only one I watch, and still do not know why! Perhaps the fun of just prophesying what will happen next is part of it.