Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Trapped

(110 Posts)
AyjayF Sat 13-Feb-16 22:56:35

Blimey O'Reilly this good!

WilmaKnickersfit Tue 16-Feb-16 09:28:55

I wondered if Hjothur is the little boy's father.

Auntieflo Tue 23-Feb-16 09:36:16

Watched last Sunday's episodes, last night. Was it me, or was it just very slow? DH fell asleep! But will probably keep with it for a bit.

merlotgran Tue 23-Feb-16 09:48:45

We thought it was slow as well. I hope it picks up next week as two hours is a long time to wait for an avalanche.

Teacher11 Tue 23-Feb-16 09:58:19

Well, I have never seen a real avalanche as a plot device before. You have to hand it to the Scandinavians and northern types. They live life on the edge.

WilmaKnickersfit Tue 23-Feb-16 16:29:27

I didn't think it was slow. The old man had to die and I could tell it would be 'by avalanche' grin but the way it happened wasn't quite what I expected! I do expect Andri's wife to show how much she still cares for him when he's dug out and the boyfriend will see it. He realised how much of any outsider he was this week, when emotions were running high at home over the effect on the family members of the dead daughter/sister. Not sure that relationship is going to last. Maybe he is a secret bad guy and part of the plan to get the Chinese scheme through.

Wonder what's going on with the policewoman's husband growing marijuana? Wonder if he'll make a move on the older girl? Maybe then they split up and she can get together with Andri! grin

Cherrytree59 Tue 23-Feb-16 17:38:54

If ever a country lived up to its name!grin

Stansgran Tue 23-Feb-16 17:41:23

I was a bit puzzled by the two lots of voyeurs,the old man watching the Mayor knocking his wife about and the son of the old man in the avalanche peering at the couple having sex. I got confused.

Luckygirl Tue 23-Feb-16 17:48:18

The couple having sex were his wife and a volunteer at the school refuge for the ferry passengers. Bouncing boobs were the order of the day!

I am surprised that the Iceland tourist organisation has not banned this series - it certainly is no great advert. You wouldn't catch me going there!

WilmaKnickersfit Tue 23-Feb-16 17:52:29

The old man in the wheelchair with the telescope is creepy, but my guess is he'll be useful later on. The sad man looking through the large keyhole(?) and seeing his wife having sex with a much younger man isn't really a voyeur. I think he's separated from her and just found out why she won't go back to him.

NanKate Tue 23-Feb-16 21:23:24

Never watched a foreign film with subtitles before, but gave it a go with episode 1 and thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks for the recommendation.

Funnygran Tue 23-Feb-16 22:21:51

Saturday nights TV wouldn't be worth watching without a subtitled drama. Trapped looks like it's going to be good and as someone else commented, the extreme weather makes you want to wrap up warm! Still to start Spin, which we've recorded, in the middle of Occupied and loved Deuschland 83. Waiting for Spiral to come back too.

rosesarered Tue 01-Mar-16 16:21:45

Great programme, a bit slow at times though.

tanith Tue 01-Mar-16 16:30:14

I've been catching up with it on iplayer and I'm just watched episode 5 , 1 more to go , blimey its all happening can't believe the Mayor's wife just left him to burn I guess she got her own back for the abuse.
I'll be watching I'm finding it fascinating although OH won't watch because of the sub-titles, doesn't know what he's missing.

starbird Tue 01-Mar-16 17:28:01

The main character was interviewed briefly on radio 4 this am, he said people should go to Northern Iceland in winter as it is beautiful, he said it never gets really cold, but its too gloomy for me - I need some sun to survive. I'm glad they have made it up with Hjothur. I bet the Chinese will end up going elsewhere.
The houses look quite small (but bigger than mine) - what I like about these foreign series is seeing how ordinary people live in other countries and how they deal with immigrants, unemployment, youth, etc.
I wouldn't mind a heated swimming pool but not sure about the goings on there!
So far my choice of an alternative home would be Montalbano's house.
We have our own thriller now in The Night Porter.

Charleygirl Tue 01-Mar-16 17:59:23

I also would never consider going there on holiday- far too cold for me and I never was a lover of snow and ice. A bit slow at times but I am enjoying it. I am not sure if this Saturday's two episodes are the last or not.

Maranta Tue 01-Mar-16 18:41:13

Iceland is stunning. I went in September and visited a glacier, it's not too cold at all at that time of year. I'd love to go back again.

Nelliemoser Tue 01-Mar-16 19:27:58

Keep you feet warm have a foot bath. Boiling mud.

The bottom picture is the Mid Atlantic ridge where the Atlantic ocean is still widening.

It's a fascinating country. They have lived with these volcanos for centuries. When eruptions get going they can pump out some very noxious chemicals. I am planning to go again in April next year.

grannylyn65 Tue 01-Mar-16 19:30:50

Been there, unbelievable!!! I would post pics if I knew how!!

NanKate Tue 01-Mar-16 20:16:46

Just checked there are 10 episodes.

NanKate Tue 01-Mar-16 21:21:40

Recommendations please for other foreign series you have enjoyed, so I can look the up on Amazon Prime or BBC IPlayer ? I quite like this subtitles lark since getting hooked on Trapped. smile

WilmaKnickersfit Tue 01-Mar-16 23:44:30

Nankate I can recommend Spiral, The Killing, The Bridge, Borgen and The Returned, but you'll enjoy them much more if you watch from the first series. One offs I can recommend are Fortitude, Real Humans and Cordon.

We're thinking about watching Braquo, 19-2, Unité 9 and Jordskott.

When you're on Amazon Prime watch out for the American remakes. wink

Be warned, some of these series are addictive! grin

Badenkate Wed 02-Mar-16 00:38:07

Nankate, I think The Bridge is my favourite, but you definitely should watch it from series 1 onward to get to know Saga's back story. Montalbano both young and not so young is easy-watching and fascinating to see a very different attitude to life. We enjoyed the scenery so much we're off to Sicily in May. Borgen shows a very different political system to our own, and the difficulties a woman has to make it to the top.

NanKate Wed 02-Mar-16 07:00:01

We'll thanks bothBaden and Wilma for your recommendations. I feel quite excited about the pleasure these films will give me.

After a while I forget I am watching a foreign film as the subtitles are so good at getting over the story.

Happy viewing. flowers flowers

Tegan Fri 04-Mar-16 19:45:46

I haven't read any previous posts as I only started watching this last night. I did fall asleep part way through [it was very late]. Is it worth persevering with? I hadn't realised how many episodes I'd missed.

Charleygirl Fri 04-Mar-16 21:13:46

I personally think so, I enjoying it.