Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Trapped

(110 Posts)
AyjayF Sat 13-Feb-16 22:56:35

Blimey O'Reilly this good!

Tegan Mon 14-Mar-16 22:09:46

Finally managed to watch the lot. What a sad ending. I loved the lovely policewoman; sort of felt she and Andri should be in Fargo though. Mind you, why did she take the little boy out of the locked room; ok he was locked in but he was, at least, safe there. I did think there was humour in it; not in the last few episodes but earlier on their was a bit of dry humour in some of the conversations. Why did the cell not have a loo in it though? The prisoners seemed to have to spend an awfully long time locked up without one confused.

Luckygirl Mon 14-Mar-16 22:35:59

I agree - it was very hard to imagine that a cell had no facilities for personal needs. It did not make any sense. Even a bucket would have done!

merlotgran Mon 14-Mar-16 22:46:54

Throughout the series it seemed as though there were only three policemen/woman in the whole area but at the end when they called for backup all hell was let loose and a dozen cars turned up hmm

Tegan Mon 14-Mar-16 23:00:02

Hadn't thought of that. You do have to suspend disbelief a bit with these Scandi dramas. I couldn't work out why it was so warm in the swimming baths when there was a power cut either.

Maranta Mon 14-Mar-16 23:12:52

The swimming pool would have been heated by the geothermal activity underground all over the island. I think that all the houses are heated that way too.

Nelliemoser Mon 14-Mar-16 23:20:36

When I was in Iceland in 2008 we went to look at a waterfall and a few yards away there was a path up to a toilet in an attractive little hut.

It was very clean, had geothermally heated water to wash your hands with and a hot radiator and this was in the middle of a very icy lava field.

Considering the remoteness of the location this was probably the best toilet in the world.

WilmaKnickersfit Tue 15-Mar-16 00:45:13

Once the thaw started the road was reopened, so back up could get through. We saw the slimy MP leave by car a couple of episodes ago, and starting with the ship's captain, the characters who were arrested were transferred to Reykjavik by car. I think the police woman took the little boy Maggi with her because he was too scared to stay alone any longer. Plus she didn't know for sure where the baddie was.

I really liked the police woman too.

WilmaKnickersfit Tue 15-Mar-16 00:50:37

Oh and I think the reason why the cell didn't have a loo is prisoners were not normally held for long and normally there wasn't much crime where someone needed to be locked up. I think I have seen holding cells in English speaking shows that didn't have a loo, just a bench against the wall.

WilmaKnickersfit Tue 15-Mar-16 00:56:48

We watched a film called Headhunter on Sunday night. It's a Danish thriller downloaded from iPlayer. It stars Lars Mikkelson from The Killing and it was quite good, 6 or 7 out of 10. smile