Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Big Brother anyone?

(48 Posts)
obieone Wed 08-Jun-16 11:05:11

Anyone interested in a Big Brother thread?

I tend to watch it sometimes days later, but I do like watching how people react in different circumstances.

I dont tend to watch the first two weeks much, as it gets over the top!

The only thing I know about Big Brother 2016 so far, is that it is late this year for some reason?

And there are two houses? No idea why.

I myself[assuming anyone posts] will only be on here from time to time as I tend to watch episodes in groups.

grannylyn65 Sat 25-Jun-16 12:41:24

I congratulate myself for never watching any of it. Ever!!

NanaandGrampy Sat 25-Jun-16 13:10:29

Hurrah for Grannylyn me too :-)

I will be reduced to watching paint dry before Ido smile

But to all that enjoy it Happy viewing !!

LadyGaGa Tue 28-Jun-16 21:14:20

Ok, here goes......My name is Lady GaGa and I'm a Big Brotherholic. I can't help it! I'm a 55 year old professional woman and I know it's tripe, but I just find it fascinating. My secret is out!

obieone Tue 28-Jun-16 21:19:30

Well done!

Do you feel better!!

I am watching saturday's episode, so too far behind to comment on much at the moment[and I will repeat that I whizz the rude/too much shouting parts of it].

Which characters are you liking or not liking.
I find myself blowing hot and cold on the charlie/Jason thing, whatever it is.
It is like watching a divorce I suppose. Not something BB has done before I don't think.

LadyGaGa Tue 28-Jun-16 21:53:51

Feels better to share my problem!
I know Charlie is a bit of a bunny boiler but I do feel sorry for her. Her heart is broken and she'll do anything to get his love back (yes....been there done that!) quite like her and Jason.
Warming to Ryan. But the duvet antics were a first I think!
Georgina needs a good slap around the chops!

obieone Thu 07-Jul-16 21:22:26

Sorry LadyGaGa, I hadnt realised you had replied.

I see what you mean about Charlie. Poor Jason hasn't a clue what to do about her.

Well Georgina has gone, so that stops that happening!

I came on to say two things[I havnet watched all of yesterday's episode yet].
I dont think that this is the best series.
and someone asked me which characters I liked. I couldn't really think of one. And most of them I certainly wouldn't want to live with for any length of time.

Anyone else agree?

shysal Sat 09-Jul-16 09:34:30

I have also said that I don't really like any of the people in the house. The only one who hasn't annoyed me yet is Alex who seems very laid back. I was pleased to see Charlie evicted yesterday, but couldn't bear to listen to her interview afterwards! I hope Jason manages to enjoy his remaining time without her. He may be a decent bloke. He does have the patience of a saint.

obieone Tue 12-Jul-16 18:16:26

I dont like to look up things about an ongoing series, so I dont know why this one seems to a lot shorter than recent ones?
I think annihilation week will be good. Depends who goes I suppose.
Chelsea going was no great loss in my opinion.

I cant make Alex out. He doesnt say much, but what he does say seems to be worth listening to.

obieone Thu 14-Jul-16 19:31:13

Jason got rid of Letitia shock

Brutal!

A bit cruel?

I know it is a game show, but real lives are involved.

I know he can pick who he likes, but even so..

I dont think he has done himself any favours either in the house or out of it.

On the other hand. They havent got on from the beginning. And it seem like she pretty much ignored him, and was a bit cliquey.

obieone Sun 24-Jul-16 22:45:40

Watching the show tonight.

Anyone else think the show is going far too far?

I think they are breaking Jason.

I couldnt watch all the "court case" it was much too brutal.

shysal Mon 25-Jul-16 08:59:53

Oh yes, obieone, it was absolutely brutal! I can't work Jason out, sometimes I want to shake him out of his black moods, other times I feel sorry for him. He is well rid of the bunny boiler!
Who do you tip to win? I am thinking Andy at the moment, but guess the young female voters will chose Alex.

obieone Mon 25-Jul-16 09:33:51

Hughie is getting a lot of cheers. I dont want him to win.

I am not sure there is a front runner, but I dont look at online stuff about eh show until it is over.

Sometimes I think Jackson might win?

I thought there was going to be a live show yesterday, so I am confused, as I thought two more were going to be evicted. I presume that that is going to be tonights show.

I wonder whether Jason has not got depression actually. Through being on the show. They have chewed him up and spat him out.
He really didnt know what he signed up for when going in. How could he?

Charlie is the epitome of a bunny boiler.

obieone Mon 25-Jul-16 09:34:37

now not not

Mumsy Mon 25-Jul-16 13:09:21

just watched bb on catchup, what a nasty piece of work that Charlie is! going for Jason like that. yup definetly a bunny boiler!!

I really dont like that bb is playing them all up against each other with bb mind games, cant be good for their mental health!! the things people do to get on tele!

dogsmother Mon 25-Jul-16 13:16:39

I fear for them, BB is really playing dangerous mind games with them all. Jason is really on the edge. And Evelyn is too young to be put through that, I'd suggest BB is bullying.

obieone Tue 26-Jul-16 22:33:17

I think Jason is or was on the edge. His eyes dont look quite right? Not sure if people would agree with that or not.

And now he has won! shock

His head must be so all over the place.

I think his win will help I think? But still.
BB just went too far. Really quite too far near the end. I dont know why they did that really. They used to seem to know where the edge was. But they went over this time.

Normally there are the psycologists on BB Bit on the side. I havent watched much BB Bit on the side this time. I havent seen any of them, but they might have been on there?

Mumsy Wed 27-Jul-16 07:45:52

Jasons expression reminds me of a deer being caught in head lights! I do think that the bunny boiler vendetta against him helped him win, now thats Karma!

obieone Wed 27-Jul-16 07:50:18

Agreed.

Do you think he became a sort of "victim" on the show, both by his ex and Big Brother, and that is why people voted for him?

I do find it a bit hard though to think of people, especially young girls, and even you men, voting for him.

I do have a conspiracy theory, but I will keep schtum for now.

obieone Wed 27-Jul-16 07:51:12

young not you

Mumsy Wed 27-Jul-16 07:56:13

perhaps the voting was fixed! I did wonder myself what age group would vote for him, more than likely people felt sorry for him and voted.

obieone Wed 27-Jul-16 08:59:37

We are not alone!
www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/tv/viewers-slaughter-big-brother-winner-jason-burrill-on-twitter-and-claim-result-is-worse-than-brexit-vote/ar-BBuVsjP?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=UP97DHP

Mumsy Wed 27-Jul-16 09:22:40

oh dear what a sad lot comparing Jasons win to brexit!! the countrys gone mad!