Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Big Brother anyone?

(47 Posts)
obieone Wed 08-Jun-16 11:05:11

Anyone interested in a Big Brother thread?

I tend to watch it sometimes days later, but I do like watching how people react in different circumstances.

I dont tend to watch the first two weeks much, as it gets over the top!

The only thing I know about Big Brother 2016 so far, is that it is late this year for some reason?

And there are two houses? No idea why.

I myself[assuming anyone posts] will only be on here from time to time as I tend to watch episodes in groups.

Jenty61 Wed 08-Jun-16 11:07:29

just going to watch it on catch up...

Alima Wed 08-Jun-16 11:21:08

Not my thing at all, have managed to avoid it for years. My youngest DD loves it. Enjoy your viewing time!

Maggiemaybe Wed 08-Jun-16 12:10:40

I really enjoyed the first series (with Nasty Nick). It was such an interesting and novel concept and fascinating to be a fly on the wall as the housemates interacted. I went off it after that though, once it descended into silly role-playing and the housemates seemed to be chosen for their eccentricities. I think I might just give this one a go though, just to see.....

Indinana Wed 08-Jun-16 12:17:02

I'm with Alima here. Can't think of a worse way to spend an evening - time I would never get back, and I can't afford that at my age grin

ninathenana Wed 08-Jun-16 17:16:13

Noooooooooo [runs from room screaming ]

Tegan Wed 08-Jun-16 17:30:08

I don't watch it as much as I did at the beginning, but I shall dip in and out.

shysal Wed 08-Jun-16 17:46:25

I have watched every series, always after vowing that I wouldn't! I am also watching Love Island blush! I find the reality shows give me something to talk about with the teenage grandchildren.
This BB sounds cruel, putting ex-partners into the other house to eventually meet up.

rubylady Wed 08-Jun-16 18:14:51

Are these celebrities or not? From what I've just read, some of them seem to be already in the limelight. I thought the summer BB was about normal (?, it is BB) people? It looks too set up for sex and scandal and isn't really a proper social experiment anymore. Is this all society is interested in, not other facets to people's personalities? It seems very shallow and gives youngsters an impression that this is all being young is all about, not intelligence or getting somewhere in life through brains, just looks and putting it about. I wouldn't like to be young now.

Maggiemaybe Wed 08-Jun-16 19:39:30

I think I might just give this one a go though, just to see.

Well, after saying that all of seven hours ago, I've read the line-up of housemates. I thought this was going to be a tale of everyday folk too, but it seems we're supposed to have heard of them?? hmm I recognised one name - Marco Pierre White - then found out it's MPWII (as one newspaper has it "a heavily-inked hunk"), who couldn't even get into the house without "dropping the f-bomb" live on air. I think I've got better things to do after all - cleaning out the cat's litter, defrosting the fridge, watching EU referendum debates...grin

obieone Thu 09-Jun-16 20:40:44

I dont tend to look up, or even listen to the opening videos until later in the show if I can be bothered.
I assume though that MPW is MPW's son.

I have now whizzed through the first two episodes. I can't decide if it is going to be a good series or not. Average?

The series do tend to get crueller, but I guess the contestants should know that? Though I think some of them are chosen precisely because they are not overly intelligent.

The poor woman who has discovered that her ex is in there. And she still loves him too, and he is bad-mouthing her. Ouch. Awful. Not something she could reasonably have expected.

shysal Mon 13-Jun-16 11:08:39

I am not enjoying this series so far. Too much shouting, crying and Marco Pierre White Jnr. They are out of control!

Nonnie1 Mon 13-Jun-16 11:12:29

I tend to get 'into it' later on. For some reason I don't like it when it begins

obieone Mon 13-Jun-16 20:03:28

DH agrees with you shysal. He keeps threatening not to carry on watching it, but we shall see.

Nonnie1 I dont either. We are still very much whizzing parts, especially Laura.

shysal Sat 18-Jun-16 09:01:18

Thank goodness Marco has left the house!smile

obieone Sat 18-Jun-16 09:06:47

Hear hear!

It is turning into a rather odd series I think.

A lot of secrets and extreme characters. Not sure I would want to live with any of them for too long.

temperance Tue 21-Jun-16 22:27:21

is it any good?

obieone Wed 22-Jun-16 07:14:53

hmm.
Personally, I dont think it is going to be one of the best series.

Still too many arguments, and probably faux relationships? I dont know what others think about that?

I can't get my head around Jackson[says he is poor] and Georgina[has horses people keep saying]. Though Jackson especially does look like he is genuine?

But I am like others and dont particularly like the first two weeks anyway.

I tend to like the middle of series best, as you find out about different characters.
Come the end of a series, most things have been found out, and it can get that the series needs to end.

For me, this series has not got enough characters that I care much about. I could be wrong. If you take away the more extreme ones, it could make the others look more reasonable, but we shall see.

And a couple of characters normally or quite often, can calm down, and you also see the reasons behind why they behave as they have done. They can come out of the Big Brother house, with time to have found out about themselves, which is nice to see.

I seem to have posted rather more than I meant to!

LullyDully Wed 22-Jun-16 08:46:20

Big brother is a step to far for me.

. I did have a dream the other night that I was in a large wooden box, the last of two fellow contestants. I was shouting to be let out despite the money prize. I was on my own with Nigel Farage!!!!! I told everyone how he was a smug b.........and I couldn't stand a moment more despite looking the prize. Odd dream but very real.

shysal Wed 22-Jun-16 08:59:41

LullyDully grin
I do feel for Jason, he is trying hard to be a gentleman but feeling so uncomfortable. I can't say that I like any of the contestants yet, hope Natalie goes home soon!

obieone Wed 22-Jun-16 12:18:43

!!!
That is one of the funniest dreams I have heard about!

Natalie for home too.

rafichagran Wed 22-Jun-16 22:05:09

I really enjoy it. Have watched all the series except one. Chalie to go this week for me.

obieone Fri 24-Jun-16 20:50:59

I will agree that Charlie is getting more annoying by the day.
She can't surely think she is going to win Jason over while she is in there? [though stranger things have happened]
She needs to enjoy herself while she is in the Big Brother House. She seems to have forgotten that. Though I can understand that a relationship is more important!

shysal Sat 25-Jun-16 11:47:38

That's Natalie got rid of! Charlie next. Ryan seems to be doing a better job than I expected of living with his ex.

Nonnie1 Sat 25-Jun-16 11:54:22

I watched it last night. I found Natalie to be a rather unsavoury character.

I think I'll start to watch more now they are being booted out. When there are too many of them I can't be bothered to think too hard getting to know the wasters of space contestants smile