Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Strictly fans

(91 Posts)
Nannylovesshopping Tue 23-Aug-16 10:58:31

I love love love this show, perks up autumnal Saturday evenings a treat! New line-up now announced, what do you fellow fans all think of them?

Gagagran Tue 23-Aug-16 11:09:50

Not heard of a lot of them but I expect we will soon get to know them. Will Anton get Lesley Joseph do you think only she has said she'd like Kevin Clifford as her partner!

chelseababy Tue 23-Aug-16 11:16:26

When is the "pairing up" show, does anyone know?

Alima Tue 23-Aug-16 12:06:39

Apparently the launch show is on Sat 3rd September. I have never heard of some of them either but looking forward to seeing Kim from 'Enders and Will Young particularly. Will be interesting seeing what Ed Balls is like and whether or not I overcome my loathing of the man for what he did to the economy. Oh sorry, that last bit is on the wrong thread.

annodomini Tue 23-Aug-16 12:59:21

I can recognise seven of the celebs which I think is more than I could recognise last year. If I was an avid soap-watcher, I suppose more of them would be familiar.

Here they are

annodomini Tue 23-Aug-16 13:01:09

Until I saw Greg Rutherford on the One Show last night, I had no idea how tall he was. He has a lovely smile.

ninathenana Tue 23-Aug-16 13:16:24

Well I could name 7 of them and have heard of most of the rest.
I don't watch the programme until the last three weeks or so, when those left can actually dance grin

merlotgran Tue 23-Aug-16 13:25:16

I recognise seven of them which is a first for me.

Love Strictly.

merlotgran Tue 23-Aug-16 13:28:37

DH always says, 'I don't know why you like Strictly so much. By your own admission you were a gawky, flat footed tomboy who couldn't dance and would be seen dead near anything sparkly!'

Yep! That's exactly why I LOVE IT.

Jane10 Tue 23-Aug-16 13:30:41

Me too. I follow Marion Keyes on Twitter and she's daft about the programme. She's declared that everyone is entitled to up to 3 'agins' (dancers you don't like!). Interesting concept

Anniebach Tue 23-Aug-16 13:34:05

I will miss Orla

Nannylovesshopping Tue 23-Aug-16 14:08:20

Orla has a new job Anniebach saw her online yesterday cleaning cars with her baps out, and modelling Ann summers gear today, pity I thought she was a great dancer

Anniebach Tue 23-Aug-16 14:26:45

Oh , she is such a great dancer , pity to waste such talent

Greyduster Tue 23-Aug-16 15:35:46

a gawky flat footed tomboy who couldn't dance and wouldn't be seen dead near anything sparkly...... You too, merlot? I also like strictly!

Charleygirl Tue 23-Aug-16 15:38:56

The first one out of the door will be either Ed Balls or Lesley Joseph. The winner will be the 18 year old gymnast Claudia-sorted. Any bets?

ninathenana Tue 23-Aug-16 15:45:54

I think Lesley Joseph will last a few weeks. She seems pretty fit and I'm guessing she's been to stage school which usually involves dance.

Nannylovesshopping Tue 23-Aug-16 16:00:44

Charleygirlmy money's on Kim from 'Enders, reckon she will have some moves, also Will Young apparently has some nifty hips, ooooh, can't wait!!

Linsco56 Tue 23-Aug-16 16:02:29

I love the show. Don't mind who the celebrities are as I enjoy the dancing, music, stage settings, the costumes and the professional dancers are amazing. Looking forward to and the start the next series ....oh! and of course, the new season of Poldark.

DanniRae Tue 23-Aug-16 16:14:46

Oh I LOVE Strictly so much. I don't even mind that it means that summer is coming to an end. I also watch the Monday to Friday catch up programme too. I was alarmed when I read that Len was leaving - thankfully he'll be in this series. I just hope Anton doesn't take his place - he's my least favourite dancer. I will also miss Ola - I really missed Flavia when she left.

I can't wait till 3 September and all the couples get paired up. And later on when it's properly back on I will be HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!! smile

POGS Tue 23-Aug-16 16:18:25

I must admit I don't know some of the line up but whilst Ed Balls was never my cup of tea politically I hope he does OK. He must be 'up for it' knowing he will not win so shows a self - deprecating nature and I like that in a person, not a starchy knickers.

Never thought I would say this but in this instance 'Go Ed' grin

Defininately a viewer here.

Christinefrance Tue 23-Aug-16 17:06:05

This show is well past its sell by date now, they have to resort to D list celebs. ( ducks below parapet)

Nannylovesshopping Tue 23-Aug-16 17:26:02

No need to duck Christinefrance but this thread is for strictly fansconfused

numberplease Tue 23-Aug-16 17:59:20

DanniRae, I also hope that Anton doesn`t get Len`s job, but for an entirely different reason, I want to carry on watching him dancing, I love him! I don`t recognise all the names in the line up, but maybe I`ll know some of their faces when I see them. I think that Will Young could do well, plus I like him, he seems a nice young man.

chelseababy Tue 23-Aug-16 19:27:32

Thanks Alima date for dairy!

chelseababy Tue 23-Aug-16 19:27:52

Diary!