Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

TTFN JY

(35 Posts)
MTDancer Tue 08-Nov-16 11:18:06

My husband pretty much stopped listening to Radio 2 when Jimmy retired. I know he lived in Florida for many years. I really used to enjoy listening to him, and Terry, of course. He will be sadly missed but at least he had a good innings and died peacefully at home with his family around him

Yorkshiregel Tue 08-Nov-16 11:17:17

What's the recipe today Jim?

Yorkshiregel Tue 08-Nov-16 11:16:21

I remember living in Norway and listening to Jimmy Young and also Terry Wogan. They kept me sane and stopped me being lonely. RIP both of you. Thanks for all the fun and laughter. Hope I live to that age or more!

Stansgran Tue 08-Nov-16 11:12:26

I still make jimmy Young's breakfast cookies. Very sad when he was given the boot

annsixty Tue 08-Nov-16 09:33:16

This news has brought back such very happy memories. 52 years ago two former colleagues and I were all pregnant, one with her second child and 2 of us with our first.
After the babies were born and routines established we visited each other once a month for lunch. We decided to always try something from the JY programme's cookery slot, "What's the recipe today Jim?".
We had some interesting meals and some very happy times, a wonderful time of my life.

ninathenana Tue 08-Nov-16 08:36:52

I was never a fan but he will be missed by many.
RIP Jimmy

Christinefrance Tue 08-Nov-16 08:24:27

I remember so well the banter between JY and Terry Wogan made mornings much more fun.
The mobile commode was funny and JY going 'sur le Continong '.
Many happy memories of both Jimmy & Terry.

glammanana Tue 08-Nov-16 08:20:17

RIP Jimmy Young I can never imagine him being 95yrs old though such a good age.

Anya Tue 08-Nov-16 07:43:41

Oddly enough some of us were just talking sbout him last weekend and wondering if he was still alive

Sad news sad

DaphneBroon Tue 08-Nov-16 07:39:44

Sad news that Jimmy Young has died at the grand age of 95. RIP JY