Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Hilda Ogden's last Ta ra

(11 Posts)
JoyBloggs Wed 21-Dec-16 22:23:54

Thanks, chelsea, look forward to that.

Moocow Wed 21-Dec-16 22:20:13

I agree antonia , it is a scene that has stayed in my memory all these years. I did not see the programme so look forward to seeing it Boxing Day, thank you for that snippet of information chelseababy

chelseababy Wed 21-Dec-16 22:02:33

It's repeated on Boxing Day lunch time if you missed it.

Antonia Wed 21-Dec-16 18:56:23

Totally agree that the Stan's glasses scene was the saddest thing ever. She was a great actress of course but just at that moment, I don't think we were watching acting, we were witnessing genuine mourning.

harrigran Wed 21-Dec-16 18:46:28

I watched the programme, it was interesting but Hilda Ogden's voice used to annoy me.

JoyBloggs Wed 21-Dec-16 18:28:50

Loved Hilda, don't make 'em like that any more... Thanks, Hannah, I hadn't heard about the programme but will definitely try and find it and watch it. She was a brilliant actress, I was a big fan. And, believe it or not, she was a better singer than I am! tchgrin

Christinefrance Wed 21-Dec-16 12:37:29

No, I completely missed that programme. Jean Alexander was an excellent actress, her characters were so believable, loved Hilda and Auntie Wainwright .
RIP Jean.

Anniebach Wed 21-Dec-16 12:25:00

I watched it too. The Stan's glasses scene is the saddest thing I have watched , never weep at drama scenes but I did at that

gretel Wed 21-Dec-16 12:11:31

I enjoyed this programme too. A great actress. The scene after Stan has died, with no dialogue, is just amazing. She has acted in plays on Radio 4 and her dialogue is crystal clear.

NonnaW Wed 21-Dec-16 12:09:07

Yes, very good programme. A nice reminder that Corrie used to have a lot of humour in it. I stopped watching once it became all gloom and doom like Eastenders.
She was a very good actress, that scene after Stan died where she held his spectacles was so emotional.

HannahLoisLuke Wed 21-Dec-16 11:42:04

Did anyone watch this gem last night?
I adored everything about Hilda, her nosiness, her repartee with Annie Walker, her backchat with Stan, her fighting spirit in the face of adversity and of course her glorious singing!
I stopped watching Coronation St soon after she left.
Now of course the wonderful Jean Alexander is no longer with us but always fondly remembered.