Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Grand Tour

(5 Posts)
LuckyDucky Sun 08-Jan-17 23:25:19

I enjoy and have laughed at GT with Clarkson and co and the new destinations and them driving endlessly expensive, muscle cars.

It makes me grin and gives Clarkson endless pleasure and £s
when the BBC's satellite channel Dave replays "Top Gear episodes. The production company was Clarkson's I believe; therefore each time the BBC air an episode they have to pay his company.

All three are professional even if sometimes they have to goof off. They're able to effortlessly talk to camera and drive - at speed. It comes on Prime each Fridaysmile.

Clarkson earns £s while the BBC's old Top Gear episodes are aired on DAVE. No-one has the expertise of Clarkson Hammond or May.

Anyone glad to see them return with an apparent unlimited budget?

Deedaa Mon 09-Jan-17 22:54:34

I thought the first couple of episodes were a bit clunky, but they're really settling back into it. And Captain Slow is even winning sometimes!

Jane10 Tue 10-Jan-17 07:49:23

We don't have Amazon but I'd love to see 'the boys' up to their usual antics. I used to really enjoy Top Gear except for the cat bits! It was the interaction of the three personalities and the daft stuff they got up to that I enjoyed.

Jane10 Tue 10-Jan-17 07:50:04

Cat bits? - CAR bits!!

LuckyDucky Wed 11-Jan-17 21:09:58

The only fly-in-the-ointment in GT (Grand Tour) is that
awful American. OK, he has NASCAR experience and can obviously drive. Does he have to be crass?

The BBC have ensured no-one can dress as the Stig or use that name. Much good that'll do them.

There are outtakes on YouTube thankfully grin Their Polar
expedition is the funniest -ever-

Clarkson, Hammond and May have worked together for many years. I'm sure they could finish each other's sentences given the chance grin. Their camaraderie can't be duplicated.