Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Holby

(70 Posts)
ninathenana Wed 22-Feb-17 07:13:35

Please someone rescue poor sweet Dom for tha awful sociopath boyfriend of his.
Also can we have the old Serina back, I don't like this one.

Yes, I do knls it's not real grin

ninathenana Wed 22-Feb-17 07:13:57

from that

Jane10 Wed 22-Feb-17 07:29:18

I agree nina. I too, know its not real but I love/hate it and can't bear to miss it! Poor wee Dom.

tanith Wed 22-Feb-17 07:38:18

Don't you just want to give Dom a good shake shouting WAKE UP !! oh! and kill Isaac.

Welshwife Wed 22-Feb-17 07:47:28

Last night he was particularly awful!

kittylester Wed 22-Feb-17 08:23:33

Didn't watch it last night but I think it's really well done as far as Dom is concerned. The whole Serena storyline seems a bit weird to me.

Alima Wed 22-Feb-17 08:29:33

I don't watch Holly anymore but wonder if you are talking about the man who used to be Saeed in 'Enders. He used to be lovely.

kittylester Wed 22-Feb-17 08:38:20

He's not now!!

downtoearth Wed 22-Feb-17 08:38:31

Perhaps Isaac could have a particularly nasty ending..please....Love Dom has been so lost since Arthur went.....I like all the characters but Mo and Dom are my favourites...even jac

Jane10 Wed 22-Feb-17 08:40:46

Dom's not very bright but lovely mum is on to Isaac. Maybe she'll sort things out?

tanith Wed 22-Feb-17 08:52:49

Hansen certainly is on to him fingers crossed he'll put a stop to Isaac before Dom gets seriously hurt and I do mean physically.

Rinouchka Wed 22-Feb-17 08:55:44

Poor wee Dom indeed! More deviousness and possibly violence from Isaac to come before resolution, methinks!

annodomini Wed 22-Feb-17 09:48:34

One of them has to come to a sticky end. Please let it be the obnoxious Isaac.

Christinefrance Wed 22-Feb-17 13:01:42

Yes I hate Isaac too, send him back to Enders. Serena is struggling after the death of her daughter, we don't always deal with grief appropriately . Apparently Marc Eliot ? is having a sabbatical from Holby to appear in a stage play.

Karanlouise Wed 22-Feb-17 13:37:33

I would love to see Hansen sort Isaac out and then maybe Dom can find some one who will appreciate him. I know it's not real life, honestly. ?

Karanlouise Wed 22-Feb-17 13:41:11

Tanith, your comment about killing Isaac made me laugh out loud. ?

tanith Wed 22-Feb-17 13:43:04

Karanlouise grin

BlueBelle Wed 22-Feb-17 14:46:44

Dom really irritates me with that ' don't hurt me I m delicate' look, mind you Isaac is a nasty piece of work Sorry but the Mo / baby storyline is really crass I think that part of it got really silly and weak ever since she was sitting in the pool producing a baby it went downhill and the silly story line last night may me annoyed, would you really be able to bring a baby with a temperature into the room of a ill pregnant woman !!!! And that stupid watch thing in the middle of an operation Really !!

downtoearth Thu 23-Feb-17 08:42:17

I like Hansons character

PRINTMISS Thu 23-Feb-17 09:05:43

Getting a bit fed up with this programme now. I think the winter months must be getting to me, I am really finding fault with everything these days. I think they do bring to light some interesting 'cases', but don't follow them through - I hope you understand that!

Jane10 Thu 23-Feb-17 09:34:30

What's it got to do with patients and illnesses? Its all about the staff and their relationships after all isn't it? The patients seem to be just an excuse for the staff to interact with each other!!grin

Nelliemoser Thu 23-Feb-17 10:23:42

Oh it is truly dire, says she after watching it to knit to. (I am usually out Tuesday nights).

People, patients or staff do not behave like that in hospitals. Visitors do not wander around the wards as and when they like, staff do not usually loudly discuss patients in front of others in their beds.

Something similar happened in "Casualty" on Saturday where they brought a patient in through the general waiting room shouting out her name and her vital signs

Many of the staff in these two dramas should have been discplined or fired years ago.
"Casualty" is marginally less awful than "Holby City"
IMO it's time to go for both of these.

If you want a decent hospital drama watch 24hrs in A&E. There is real drama and a lot of compassion from the Drs and nurses and the back stories of many of the patients are very moving.

Christinefrance Thu 23-Feb-17 10:42:09

I still quite enjoy Holby but must agree that the scenes with Mo & Mr T were ridiculous . It gave the impression that highly trained consultants behave in a very irresponsible way. I like Casualty as well but both programmes now need to be taken with several grains of salt. I will continue to watch for a while longer. smile

ninathenana Thu 23-Feb-17 10:50:11

Nellie I'm not naive enough to think that what goes on in Holby and Casualty is what happens in RL in fact I often shout at the TV because of that.
H and I don't enjoy watching people at their most vunerable in progs like 24hrs in A&E. It dosen't stop us having grate admiration for doctors and nurses though.

ninathenana Thu 23-Feb-17 10:51:30

great not grate gggggrrrr !