Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Line of Duty

(395 Posts)
travelsafar Mon 20-Mar-17 17:01:56

I watched to re run of the last two episodes of Line of Duty on playback just to refresh myself as the new series starts this Sunday. Oh my God!!! it was riverting I had forgotten how much, I found myself shouting for Kate to 'be careful' when she was chasing Cotton in the final scenes, cant wait for the new series now. Anyone else watched the re runs??

tanith Mon 20-Mar-17 17:06:26

I haven't but I will now, I usually wish I had after a new series starts..grin

kittylester Mon 20-Mar-17 17:09:03

I love Line of Duty and will expect you two to be able to jog my memory when the new one starts!!! grin

gettingonabit Mon 20-Mar-17 17:42:18

I've watched it about 3 times now. I'm really looking forward to next Sunday. I'm not keen on Thandie Newton and there'll be no Denton or Dotsad but I'm banking on Kate and Steve to keep me hooked.

Alima Mon 27-Mar-17 07:17:21

What do you think? I will have to watch the first bit again, it was all kicking off so fast and we were trying to get the sound right. Lucky for the forensic chap that he managed to get to B & Q before she came around. Looks like it will be a roller coaster ride!

Maggiemaybe Mon 27-Mar-17 07:54:12

Blimey shock! Yes, I enjoyed it very much and can't wait to see what happens next. That last second was a cracker and I actually jumped, even though I sort of knew it was coming.

I chomped through all my Mother's Day dark choc violet and rose creams while it was on, washed down with red wine. Which is probably why I woke up in a cold sweat after dreaming about hiding dismembered bodies....grin

Christinefrance Mon 27-Mar-17 07:56:00

Yes I enjoyed last night's episode as well, just hope it will not be too far fetched. I'm not a fan of Thandie Newton either.

tanith Mon 27-Mar-17 08:04:33

Great start, a bit confused as to why Steve seemed a bit off with Kate, seeing as she saved him last series.

Greyduster Mon 27-Mar-17 08:05:38

Tense or what?! The last scene was shocking - I kept shouting "wake up, wake up!“. All DH could say was "Oh, he's got a saw like mine!" hmm. Can't wait for next week!

Alima Mon 27-Mar-17 08:10:58

Be afraid Greyduster, be very afraid!!

gettingonabit Mon 27-Mar-17 08:17:04

tanith Steve is off with Kate because she's a sergeant now, like himgrin.

travelsafar Mon 27-Mar-17 08:39:28

Straight in there with twists and turns from the beginning, i am hooked!!!!!

tanith Mon 27-Mar-17 08:52:31

Thanks gettingonabit typical male reaction then. I missed that somehow blush

TerriBull Mon 27-Mar-17 09:35:37

God it was riveting, really left the audience hanging on a knife edge, sorry Vera on the other side, you just doesn't have the same effect. Can't wait for next week, just wondering how Thandie Newton's going to get out of that!!!! She's a big Hollywood star so can't imagine she's going to be dispensed with so soon.

TerriBull Mon 27-Mar-17 09:37:31

Typo I meant don't not doesn't.

tanith Mon 27-Mar-17 09:43:56

Doesn't the program have a history of killing off new faces in the first episode of a new series? Thought I read that somewhere.

MawBroon Mon 27-Mar-17 09:55:16

Did you scream? I did!!
What on earth happens next?

rosesarered Mon 27-Mar-17 09:58:08

Having recorded it, so glad you all didn't do spoilers on here, I will watch it tonight.
The last series was riveting.

MawBroon Mon 27-Mar-17 10:00:54

All I can say rosesarered is make sure you are not holding a wine in the closing minutes......

rosesarered Mon 27-Mar-17 10:03:37

Haha! Yes, I didn't like the mention of a saw, I must say.grin

trisher Mon 27-Mar-17 10:04:38

Yes drink the lot about 10 mins before the end-you might need it!

Lona Mon 27-Mar-17 10:11:00

Well, I was quite disappointed. Thandie Newton did a lot of staring, and Jason whatsit (forensics) was almost comedic. It was obvious one of them was going to die and then just as obvious what was going to happen at the end. (Trying not to give it away)
I hope it gets back to its previous excellent standard.

PRINTMISS Mon 27-Mar-17 10:32:41

I just thought the last ten minutes or so completely let the programme down. It is really so good usually, but all the frenzied activity with bag searching, etc., really put my teeth on edge - what happened to the woman who was supposed to come and clean for him, was she not the one he was cooking for? Perhaps it was just me, a little jaded after a rather exhausting afternoon. Will continue to watch.

Bobbysgirl19 Mon 27-Mar-17 10:36:05

Haven't watched previous series, wish I had now. Found it riveting! but did have problems with the sound, ended up putting the subtitles on.

gettingonabit Mon 27-Mar-17 13:18:54

I think it will improve. I don't understand why Ifield, as an experienced forensics person, did not realise that Thandie wasn't dead. Unless, of course, he DID know and there's something else going on ie he expected her to wake up and brandishing the saw is meant to frighten her in some way.

And why did he take the print from Hana in the café? I think Hana's part of the plot, somehow-I don't trust her. At first, I thought Ifield was just perving over her in the cafe, but I think there's more to Hana than a waitress-cum-cleaner.

I thought last night's episode was somehow faster-paced than the other series; hope it hasn't been dumbed down in any way for Bbc 1. I'd prefer a slower burn!