Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Kat and Alfie; Redwater

(36 Posts)
MawBroon Thu 18-May-17 22:05:25

Oh shock
Not at all what I was expecting.

Although I had a lurking suspicion that we were going to see "something nasty in the woodshed" from the very beginning ???

kittylester Thu 18-May-17 22:07:37

I ended up slightly bewildered! confused

merlotgran Thu 18-May-17 22:09:54

Is it worth watching on catch up?

tanith Thu 18-May-17 22:12:23

I nodded off I'll give it one more go I expect.

MawBroon Thu 18-May-17 22:13:29

Ballykissangel meets Scandi Noir via Broadchurch.

merlotgran Thu 18-May-17 22:16:50

grin Having never seen EastEnders I feel at a disadvantage but I'll give it a go.

MawBroon Thu 18-May-17 23:05:35

Don't need to have watched Eastenders. Alfie and Kat used to run the Queen Vic pub in Walford and now live in Spain(apparently)

paddyann Thu 18-May-17 23:28:47

wasn't impressed ,I love Ireland but this was very stereotypical even a dodgy priest

magsmay Thu 18-May-17 23:50:12

I am very sad as my friend my rescue dog died yesterday morning, how to hold on seems impossible at the moment

kittylester Fri 19-May-17 06:41:37

Sorry to hear that mags - you might like to start a new thread and I'm sure you'll get lots of support.

Bit more background on Kat and Alfie - rhey won the lottery which enabled to them to buy a bar in Spain and, also, Alfie has a brain tumour!

I love Kat and Alfie (especially Alfie!!)

MawBroon Fri 19-May-17 07:40:28

magsmay I have PM'd you and send every sympathy as my own sadness at losing Grace is very recent and I can share your grief. ?

ninathenana Fri 19-May-17 08:10:46

kitty thanks for reminding me what is wrong with Alfie. I couldn't think what his hallucinations were all about.
I enjoyed it, I thought they would have kept the suspense of who Kat was looking for going a bit longer though. I'm confused by the closing scene (no spoilers). Yes I think it was stereotypical but hey.

magsmay sorry to hear your sad news.

Auntieflo Fri 19-May-17 08:46:12

Did they / someone say that the twins had been left behind? Are they Kat and Alfie's twins, and whose twin is she looking for?

kittylester Fri 19-May-17 08:53:36

As far as I remember kat and Alfie had twins and they are looking for a baby Kat gave away. I don't know whether that was before or after Zoe.

I found the family dynamics very difficult last night. Who was the taxi driver/sculptor related to? And the girl on the motorbike?

Mapleleaf Fri 19-May-17 08:55:39

Sorry to hear about your beloved dog, magsmay flowers

Alima Fri 19-May-17 08:58:51

Not sure about this yet, love Kat and Alfie but this seems like Bally K on speed. Can anyone remember their twins' names, think it was Bert and ? Auntieflo, do you remember when Kat saw the nun, June Whitfield? She told Kat that she had had twins as a result of the rape by the uncle. (The bloke who played Boon). Was the child she knew about the one she told "I'm your muvver!"? Getting really confused now!

PRINTMISS Fri 19-May-17 09:06:27

Give it time, let's see how it develops, lots of episodes to get through if we can stand it.

tanith Fri 19-May-17 09:09:45

The baby Kat is looking for is Zoes twin brother, she was never told there was a second baby althouborn at the same time.

kittylester Fri 19-May-17 10:32:40

Wow! Missed that Tanith. Thank you.

Auntieflo Fri 19-May-17 11:54:07

Thanks Alima, I haven't watched Eastenders for ages. Think the last I remember was when some girl was up on a roof, can't even say who that was now. The story lines got a bit daft, so I gave up.

ninathenana Fri 19-May-17 14:50:25

Kat and Alfie have twins together. They are at home in Spain with someone.
Remind me, who is Tommy's ( the boy that's with them) father is he Alfie's too ? I should know, I watch 'Enders all the time.

kittylester Fri 19-May-17 15:12:44

Snap nina! confused

Jane10 Fri 19-May-17 15:24:04

Michael. Alfie's cousin. Can't remember what happened to him. I think he was killed off though.

kittylester Fri 19-May-17 15:25:32

With Kat? Blimey, my memory!!

Alima Fri 19-May-17 16:23:25

Ooh, I had forgotten Michael Moon. Janine did for him didn't she. This is why we need soaps, keeps the brain cells active trying to remember what happened.