Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Big Family Cooking Showdown.

(13 Posts)
merlotgran Wed 16-Aug-17 10:18:57

Am I the only one thinking it's a case of 'Too many cooks spoiling the broth?'

It seemed like chaos to me and the scene where one family cooked in their own home while Nadia Hussein peered over their shoulders reminded me of the pesky guest who won't bugger off stay in the sitting room with a G&T and a bowl of nuts!

DH summed it up when he finally peered out from behind his fishing magazine and said, 'Are they all on drugs?'

I can't even remember the title without having to check.

I'll give it another go next week but I don't think it's for me.

jusnoneed Wed 16-Aug-17 10:24:29

I didn't watch it, when I saw the line up in the adverts I thought that there were a lot of hyper/me,me types all together! Sounds as if I didn't miss much lol.

kittylester Wed 16-Aug-17 10:40:55

I quite enjoyed it blush I'll certainly watch it again. It was a patch on Gbbo though.

Looking forward to Masterchef!

Christinefrance Wed 16-Aug-17 15:45:33

Think I've had a surfeit of cookery programmes now, seem to be getting desperate for ideas.

Jane10 Wed 16-Aug-17 15:48:32

I started it but gave up. Too much irritating stuff attempting to make the families seem interesting.

thecatgrandma Sat 19-Aug-17 21:34:41

Too much Nadia Hussein. Everywhere.

Charleygirl Sat 19-Aug-17 22:55:33

I am like Christinefrance- there are too many cookery programmes on in one guise or another. The only thing we have not had unless I blinked is children cooking, unless that goes against elf and safety.

merlotgran Sat 19-Aug-17 23:10:32

Have you not seen Junior Bake Off, Charleygirl?

Me neither.

Charleygirl Sat 19-Aug-17 23:13:11

Never heard of it-shows how much I know about cooking programmes in any detail.

Deedaa Sun 20-Aug-17 20:53:49

Too muddled with too many presenters I think. I've met Giorgio Locatelli a couple of times and he's such a nice man, but I don't think even he will tempt me to keep watching.

merlotgran Thu 02-Nov-17 21:05:59

So glad the Gangotra's won. I was going to give up on this programme but every time they appeared it was like watching a curry masterclass.

They deserve a book/series of their own.

Flossieturner Fri 03-Nov-17 08:17:30

I must be alone, as I absolutely loved it. Such wonderful families working together. For me, the presenters were just right, the judges knowledgeable and the cooks, amazing. The right family won, which is always a bonus.

BlueBelle Fri 03-Nov-17 08:52:05

Too much cooking programmes couldn’t be bother saw scraps on adverts and it didn’t pull me in although I like Nadia but naah bored with them all