Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Montalbano alert

(60 Posts)
gangy5 Sat 19-Aug-17 10:58:16

New series of Montalbano this evening. Have any of you enjoyed the Spanish series that was in this slot? DH and I could only watch one episode at a time as the sub titles needed much concentration - all down to the extremely fast talk. I must admit that this happens with Montalbano as well. I much prefer these types of series to the Scandi noir one's that are so dull and dismal.

SparklyGrandma Sat 02-Sep-17 23:57:55

Just watched tonight's Montalbano
, enjoyed it.

Bellanonna Sun 03-Sep-17 07:13:03

So did I SpaerklyGrandma - more than the first two, in fact

Bellanonna Sun 03-Sep-17 07:13:22

Sparkly

Luckygirl Sun 03-Sep-17 10:25:30

I was decidedly underwhelmed by last night's episode - so much so that I went to bed. OH of the same mind.

I think the women irritated me most - all prancing about on 10" heels in tight split skirts and wiggling their hips - one was apparently on her way to a picnic!

SparklyGrandma Sun 03-Sep-17 13:19:19

Bellanonna it was great wasn't it? I then meet with friends during the week, to discuss, some Welsh Italian.

Enjoyed all round!

granfromafar Sun 03-Sep-17 20:28:42

Have started watching this series after gangy5's post a couple of weeks ago. At last there is something decent to watch on Saturday evening! As I didn't see the previous series I can't comment on the different actress who plays the girlfriend. My main gripe is that you have to concentrate so hard on the subtitles to follow the plot and with no advert breaks, it's hard going! Also, they seem to give a lot of evidence away on their tv bulletins. Still enjoying it though.

Swanny Sun 03-Sep-17 20:56:51

I love Montalbano! Been watching it for years and have read several of the books. Didn't like the Young Montalbano to start with, but he's grown on me. I don't take any of it too seriously (apart from the gorgeous scenery) and think the characters are more caricatures than true to life. It's the highlight of my Saturday evenings though and I often watch again on catchup - purely for the scenery you understand grin

SparklyGrandma Mon 04-Sep-17 16:58:29

I agree Swanny the scenery is gorgeous, worth watching for that alone. The sunshine levels too...

I watch it twice a week....confused

lemongrove Mon 04-Sep-17 18:00:10

I feel it's like having a little holiday, from the opening shots and the music, right to the end, I love it.?