Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Rellik

(80 Posts)
callgirl1 Mon 11-Sep-17 23:53:21

Am I the only one on here to be totally confuddled by this drama? The constant time changes and going back and forth are so confusing. My daughter thought the same, and I doubt we`ll be watching next week.

Tegan2 Mon 11-Sep-17 23:54:54

Was only half watching it but it looked very confusing.

notnecessarilywiser Tue 12-Sep-17 07:04:57

I was concentrating (even put subtitles on so that I could hear what was being said over the loud background noise in the programme) but found it very difficult to track the real sequence of events. It's all very well to signal "10hrs earlier" or whatever, but when the next indicator is "2hrs earlier" does that mean 12hrs earlier than the first scene, or 8hrs later than the second one?

Pittcity Tue 12-Sep-17 08:08:29

I was confuddled too and will have forgotten it all by next week.
This kind of programme forwards is hard enough to follow.....

Charleygirl Tue 12-Sep-17 09:01:43

Having watched it last night I really thought that I must be extra thick because I did not really have a clue what was going on. I also had to put on sub titles to help me follow the plot because they were mumbling and there was too much loud noise. I may attempt to watch it next week but my book is more interesting and easier to follow.

Sar53 Tue 12-Sep-17 09:43:28

We started watching, but after 15 minutes decided we hadn't a clue what was going on so turned over. I will start watching 'Liar on catch up and hopefully that will be easier to follow.

maryeliza54 Tue 12-Sep-17 09:47:52

not ah yes - that's what really muddled me up but it sounds logical(?) 10 hrs plus 2 hrs = 12 hours earlier. Thanks

nigglynellie Tue 12-Sep-17 13:38:48

I can't imagine that anyone was able to follow this drama, It was a complete muddle and the violence and obligatory sex scene were, well, horrid! I certainly won't be watching it again.

trisher Tue 12-Sep-17 14:29:15

I tried, got really confused, decided I didn't care anyway and turned it off!

ninathenana Tue 12-Sep-17 14:42:55

Think I'll stick with NCIS smile

CherryHatrick Tue 12-Sep-17 16:44:57

I have just had a look on DS and it seems the whole story is played in reverse, so I think I made the right decision to turn over half way through.

BlueBelle Tue 12-Sep-17 17:41:03

I watched it through and enjoyed it but I must admit I had to keep reminding myself what time frame we were in it wasn't easy but I think it's worth staying with

Luckygirl Tue 12-Sep-17 17:45:45

I lost the plot!

morethan2 Tue 12-Sep-17 19:30:06

I really struggled with constant time changes. I don't think I'm bright enough for these dark clever dramas. Lewis is about my intellectual levelsad

cornergran Tue 12-Sep-17 23:01:01

Just seen it on catch-up and sort of enjoyed it. Began to work out what was happening and am looking forward to understanding more.

Mapleleaf Thu 14-Sep-17 14:53:59

I listened to the discussion about it on a morning programme and decided it sounded rather complicated so didn't bother watching it. I'm glad I didn't from what others have said. I watched an old Miss Marple, instead!

goldengirl Thu 14-Sep-17 16:19:56

I thought it was me! I found it confusing too and was disappointed as I thought it would be different to the usual detective plays. It was certainly different - but not in a 'being able to understand what's going on' way so I shall be giving it a miss from now on. The writer is just trying too hard I think

callgirl1 Thu 14-Sep-17 17:12:38

I`m so pleased I wasn`t the only one!

lemongrove Thu 14-Sep-17 19:48:46

I hated it! In every way.?

grannyticktock Thu 14-Sep-17 21:14:15

I recorded it (I watched Liar instead) but thanks for the warnings, I'll give it a miss!

Eloethan Thu 14-Sep-17 22:28:22

I did the same grannyticktock but I can't be bothered with "tricksy" dramas - they're exhausting. I'm not going to bother either. I enjoyed Liar.

callgirl1 Thu 14-Sep-17 23:04:35

I still haven`t seen Liar, but the difference in opinions on the 2 dramas is strange, as they are both by the same writers. It`s also odd that they were pitted against each other.

Teetime Fri 15-Sep-17 08:45:48

It is muddled but I'm with it - just - couldn't explain it though.

TerriBull Fri 15-Sep-17 09:33:03

I didn't like it, my husband says he will stick with it, because he's sure it will all become clear as it plays out, not sure I can be bothered. I enjoyed Liar and look forward to seeing the next episode of that.

Kateykrunch Tue 19-Sep-17 09:49:25

Gave up part way thro last nights episode, total twoddle!