Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Corrie

(35 Posts)
BlueBelle Wed 27-Dec-17 14:44:07

I used to be a Corrie watcher but lately it’s got too silly and violent so I only dip in and out However over the last few months every time I put it on there’s someone in hospital
There might be more than I ve seen but to name some Ken Barlow, his grandson Adam, Pat, Eileen, Chesney, Robert, Rita, Mary’s baby grandson Anna, Seb, Summer, Billy, Tod I bet I ve missed some out .......any more ?

Maggiemaybe Mon 29-Jan-18 23:32:27

Now I've got to say that I think this Eva/Toyah secret handing over of baby plan has got to be the daftest yet. It has more holes in it than a colander, and would never, ever, work for so many reasons. Besides which, I already have enough trouble working out all the tangled relationships and who's a blood relative of whom in all the various households, without this being added to the mix.

BlueBelle Wed 31-Jan-18 20:40:45

Now we ve got Carla in hospital the scriptwriters are obsessed with hospital

Maggiemaybe Wed 31-Jan-18 23:37:01

I haven’t seen it tonight, but I guess she’s in that single room kept especially for Coronation Street residents, and recently vacated by Eileen, Billy, Chesney, etc, etc. They’d better get a few more beds made up for the boxing night casualties coming up soon.

Jane10 Thu 01-Feb-18 07:50:47

I gather that Martin the universal nurse is coming back soon. It was amazing how many wards and departments he seemed to be simultaneously working in.

suzied Thu 01-Feb-18 08:21:40

I’ve seen the actor who played Martin running a cheese stall in Wilmslow. Is he still doing that?

BlueBelle Thu 01-Feb-18 08:32:57

And even kidneys again wasn’t that Tracey’s problem years ago can’t they find a new illness for Carla

Iam64 Thu 01-Feb-18 08:47:45

Having caught up with this thread, I'm reassured that giving up Corrie is a Good Thing. It was such a good soap, pathos, humour, tragedy but all around characters we could believe in. Not any more.

Lynnebo Fri 02-Feb-18 19:44:27

What if ..... Phelan dies and Carla gets his kidney??
Just thinking out loud here grin

Jane10 Fri 02-Feb-18 20:52:51

Excellent plan Lynnebo! I read some spoilers today though and it doesn't seem like the writers thought of that...