Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Classic Corrie

(9 Posts)
Cherrytree59 Fri 26-Jan-18 19:37:53

Is a big hit with the Mumsnet.
I no longer watch soaps and so have no idea what's going on in Wetherfield at present.
But I remember as if it was yesterday the story lines that Mumsnetters are chatting about.

Are any GNers watching the reruns on
ITV3 ?

mollie Fri 26-Jan-18 19:42:49

I watched a few over Christmas and could remember the episodes. It was a real trip down memory lane. Haven’t watched any soap for about 15 years but I still enjoyed those old episodes.

seacliff Fri 26-Jan-18 19:49:38

Oh thanks, I never knew they were on. I stopped watching a while ago, don't like it these days. But it will be a nice bit of nostalgia to watch some of the old ones.

Someone on Mumsnet said it was a bit of social history, and that's right, how things have changed.

Lynnebo Fri 26-Jan-18 20:09:55

I'm really enjoying the old Corries - Corrie like it used to be before all the gloom of the present day episodes!
Having said that Brian has just returned Nicky after kidnapping him and Alan Bradley is eating into Rita's savings - and we all know where that's going!!! The year is 1987.

Welshwife Fri 26-Jan-18 21:11:53

I was changing channels the other day and Albert Tatlock popped onto the screen!

Bellasnana Fri 26-Jan-18 21:26:50

Yes, I’ve been watching and really enjoying the classic episodes. So much nicer than the far-fetched, violent and depressing storylines of today’s soaps.

Cherrytree59 Fri 26-Jan-18 21:52:25

Think I will take a look, if only to see Hilda and Stan Ogden.
Also Ena Sharpies and Mini Cauldwell siping stout in the snug

It would be great to see the 1960 episodes.
Was just a babe so I missed them first fine round.

Seacliff agree interesting social history

Bellasnana Sat 27-Jan-18 15:16:00

Cherrytree59, the classic episodes are from 1987 so Stan Ogden, Ena Sharples etc are not in it. sad

NanTheWiser Sat 27-Jan-18 18:15:28

I've been watching them too! Very enjoyable, and quite nostalgic, seeing all the fashions of the '80s. Storylines are much more realistic than today's episodes, and they all look so young!