Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Keeping Faith

(244 Posts)
NanKate Sat 03-Mar-18 21:04:55

Just found this mystery series 8 episodes on the BBC IPlayer. All set in Wales and from BBC Wales. Seen the first two episodes which I thoroughly enjoyed. Just wish the whole series was ready to watch.

harrigran Fri 31-Aug-18 19:15:19

Just watched all eight episodes and am kicking myself for persevering, what a load of drivel. Too dark, too much whispering and the music drowned out the dialogue. The most unprofessional lawyers and police.
Next time I see Welsh thriller in the TV guide I will give it a miss.

Eloethan Fri 31-Aug-18 23:10:00

I've just watched the last episode and, to be honest, I couldn't make head nor tail of what was going on.

I won't bother watching it again.

Jomarie Fri 31-Aug-18 23:31:11

I found it confusing at times but rather compelling. My daughter is smitten with it and encouraged me to watch it - she is avidly awaiting the next series. She is in her early 40's so I can understand her interest - I am in my late 60's and am not so gullible - more's the pity!!! All the actors are brilliant in my humble opinion.

BlueBelle Sat 01-Sep-18 04:51:04

Gransnet HQ may I ask why Joedans post is still showing a day after it was reported by a number of people
Thank you

nigglynellie Sat 01-Sep-18 07:04:20

I agree BlueBelle, totally inappropriate and extremely tacky.
Can I ask Joedans, a) why you posted this vulgar tripe, and b) what relevance you feel it has to this thread?! I too am reporting it to GN in the hopes it will be removed.

Jane10 Sat 01-Sep-18 07:27:36

Nope. It's still there this morning. Come on GN wake up!! Think I'll report it again.

MawBroon Sat 01-Sep-18 07:32:01

I have reported it three times now, and get the automatic acknowledgement each time hmm

BlueBelle Sat 01-Sep-18 08:29:00

Methinks it would be long gone if it was a thread about a thread ????

MawBroon Sat 01-Sep-18 08:29:58

Maybe we should start one! grin

Lazigirl Sat 01-Sep-18 09:49:03

Absolutely Bluebell. Regular posters quickly get a rap on the knuckles if they step out of (GNHQ) line. This will encourage all the other weirdos out there to start posting random stuff. hmm

nigglynellie Sat 01-Sep-18 13:41:34

I've reported it again, and asked if GN could possibly find the time to look at and delete his vulgar post - Not holding my breath!!!

Moocow Sat 01-Sep-18 16:52:29

Reported it just now then continued to read the posts only to find they are mainly about it being reported. Thought it was strange that no-one had already done so! Whatever has happened at GN HQ?

MawBroon Sat 01-Sep-18 19:01:16

Hellooooo GNHQ Nobody there?
I cannot understand why you are ignoring us.

Jane10 Sun 02-Sep-18 06:39:31

It's gone at last I see!

Greyduster Sun 02-Sep-18 09:15:52

About bloomin’ time!

humptydumpty Sun 02-Sep-18 14:00:46

I had turned to this thread in the hope that someone would have explained the plot, but it looks as if most people are as confused as me! Any drama with such a convoluted storyline suggests to me poor plot writing.. Surely the ausience should understand it all by the ned, second series or not. In contrast just finished 'Unforgotten', vastly better IMO in writing, plot and acting, a model of how it should be done...

PernillaVanilla Mon 03-Sep-18 10:19:35

Presumably not from very far away - her accent is the same as all the other characters!

NanKate Mon 03-Sep-18 17:27:44

Humpty I think I understood the plot having watched it twice this is basically what happened as I have mentioned earlier.

I think Evan got in with a bad crowd as he needed money and he drew up dodgy contracts for them. Then I think he told the police what was happening and they took him in as a spy for them. Two of the police became corrupted and were trying to get the money off Evan. I think the money was to do with the blonde bird who wanted the cash for the drugs she had.

We may find out more with series 2.